Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've done several things on a few dirtbikes to reduce vibration. The "barsnake" can be done with a simple tube of silicone caulk, just remove the handguards and fill up the bars from one side. It doesn't matter if it hardens inside or not. What worked better was weighted inserts in the bar ends. I made my own from some tubing filled with lead shot, wraped with a few turns of tape for a friction fit in the bar ends.

This was done on KTM 2-strokes, that are known to vibrate. I find the Hyper quite smooth with no vibration issues. Could you have a loose hardware issue somewhere?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I filled my FZ1 bars with #8 lead shot and it help reduce the buzziness. I think some others were successful with the Bar Snake and like GMP said, some did heavier bar ends. Although that bike stock had some heavy bar ends anyway, so I just did the shot.

Worth a try if you got some laying around. Otherwise, it is a bit expensive to buy it, cause it will come in a 25# bag. Besides that reloading supplies are hard to find right now.

Out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts