Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I'm at work daydreaming about my Monster, and I'd like to get some bar end weights for it. I'm looking at the factory drawing (HANDLEBAR AND CONTROLS. Fits: 2005 Ducati Monster Standard 620 | PJs Motorcycles Ducati) and from the price, those #21 just look like they're plastic caps. I bought my Monster used, so now I'm wondering if it came with bar end weights standard? If not, where should I look for good heavy aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I've heard the heavier the better, and many of the cheap ones aren't very heavy. The stock Hayabusa weights are quite heavy, maybe eBay them. Bar end mirrors are heavier than most weights, and even most cheap ones work well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The point of bar end weights are to stop vibration in the bars and lets face it the bikes we ride are never really smooth. I have a set of Rizoma bar caps and love them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip on the 'busa bar ends, I'll look into those for sure. As for the bar end mirrors, I had a set on my 919 and discovered the only thing worse than buzzing hands is buzzing mirrors. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts