·
Registered
99 Posts
wow

·
Registered
2013 Triumph Street Triple
90 Posts
When coming down from nearly 200 mph, I noticed he shifted all the way down to 1st gear when he was still traveling at nearly 100 mph. How is that possible?

·
Registered
764 Posts
When coming down from nearly 200 mph, I noticed he shifted all the way down to 1st gear when he was still traveling at nearly 100 mph. How is that possible?
At least two of these four reasons:

1) He's riding a GSX-R1000 that is geared for nearly 100 in first gear in stock configuration.
2) He's on a high speed course and thus has a smaller rear sprocket for higher top speed with drafting in mind.
3) He has his slipper clutch tuned correctly in order to keep the rear from sliding during high-RPM downshifts.
4) He's a much better rider than you and I.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gee, I wonder if Mladin would have an issue with lack of run-off in that race? He would have to go home again for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lots of racers get their downshifting done early and feather the clutch during braking. Jason Pridmore teaches it. As noted earlier, a properly set up slipper helps too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
These guys are absolutely crazy. Going to Ireland to see one of these races is on my with list after Mugello GP :D

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
A fly flew in my mouth while I was watching

·
Registered
336 Posts
See the curbing..imagine catching a knee on that :eek:

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
do we know how often people die in those races? WOW
Motorcycle racing lost one of its most iconic figures yesterday. Robert Dunlop, 47, died in hospital shortly after crashing during practice for the North West 200 road race in Northern Ireland. Dunlop, from Ballymoney, was one of the world’s most successful road racers, with a record number of victories at the North West event. His death comes eight years after his brother Joey died in a racing accident.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do we know how often people die in those races? WOW
Why the hell are you interested soooo much in people to get killed? How many people die as the result of plane crash?

I guess pilots doing 800km/h are also crazy.

Also a crazy person can not bring a 380Lbs motorcycle to its limits.

Why don't you enjoy the athletic ability of these riders instead of hopping them to die?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOeKXt2vV-w

Big jumps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-wL_Hxm5c&NR=1

1 - 20 of 33 Posts