Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I was poking around the bagster website for a tank cover for my 05 800SS, but they don't have my model and year listed in the right color. I know that the tanks haven't changed much, so one of the other ones should fit. Anyone have any suggestions as to which other one I should go with?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ducati had a deal with Bagster a while ago...and I know they had colored models to coordinate with the Monster's...maybe start looking through Ducati Performance and see if they list anything for the SS....go to a dealer that has the DP catalogs for a couple years back and look that way!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Click on Moto, Luggage then Catalogue.

On the right there will be a pull-down menu for make, then model. Select Ducati, then 1000 / 800SS - 800/ 620 SPORT

The part number for the tank cover is 1406D. It is available in red, yellow and grey.

The US dealer is:
CIMA INTERNATIONAL
399 Wall Street
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139

Phone 630.671.9710
Fax 630.671.9701
E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the thread got me thinking of a good way to verify both tanks are identical. I downloaded the parts catalogue for the 03 and compared the part numbers for the tanks to my 05. As luck would have it they're the same. (586.1.030.1XX XX is different for each color).

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
bugger... I saw a s/h yellow one at my local dealer just day before you posted. It was in Oz though could have picked it up if you wanted it.

Mal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.