Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here.

I've got a great Sport 1000 in yellow, love the bike and have lots of plans to tart it up a bit more.

I do have a little problem though, i've got the 2>2 termis and attempted to remove the baffles. I had a quality allen key set but all that happend was the bolt rounded off. I need to release the wonderful ducati sound, so does anyone know how i can get these baffles out without taking it to a garage?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Welcome!

Some have said that the allen bolt is tack welded in and the only way to get it out is to grind it off. Some others have tried and the bolt simply screwed out. I tried to get mine to move and they won't . . . so I just left the baffles in.

I'm sure some others will post and give you some more ideas.

You're going to love your bike. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
bampot said:
Hello all, new here.

I've got a great Sport 1000 in yellow, love the bike and have lots of plans to tart it up a bit more.

I do have a little problem though, i've got the 2>2 termis and attempted to remove the baffles. I had a quality allen key set but all that happend was the bolt rounded off. I need to release the wonderful ducati sound, so does anyone know how i can get these baffles out without taking it to a garage?
Sup Dude, heat up each bolt with a heating gun or simply run it till it gets hot than diligently use your allen keys, for the other bolt that has rounded off use a bigger allen key hammer it in than turn(but remember this bolt has to be heated prior to turning). good luck.
remember dont force anything work it slowly :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
+1 on heating. Also, you can use a dremel with a cutting wheel or a thin file.

·
Registered
197 Posts
in my case, i tried to remove the baffles, was "baffled" by the lack of a screw, and it turned out my baffles were already removed during the dealer install!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine were welded pretty good, I air chiseled them off but the baffles were still a bear to get out. Leaving them in would be a shame because they sound amazing once they are out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
...it turned out my baffles were alreqdy removed during the dealer install!
Similar story: when I went to do the paperwork prior to picking up my bike, I'm looking it over in the showroom (it's finally here!), and stop to check out the slipons. I find the hole where the set screw goes, but can't for the life of me figure out what's being held in, or how it comes out. So I ask the tech, "aren't the baffles removable?". He points to the Termi box containing the stock pipes and says, "Yeah. They're in the box. You don't want 'em in, do ya? It sounds stock with 'em in.".

Felt like an idiot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info, i'm just worried about damaging the pipes. sadly both the bolts are rounded off, so i shall try the heating method.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Reducs said:
Similar story: when I went to do the paperwork prior to picking up my bike, I'm looking it over in the showroom (it's finally here!), and stop to check out the slipons. I find the hole where the set screw goes, but can't for the life of me figure out what's being held in, or how it comes out. So I ask the tech, "aren't the baffles removable?". He points to the Termi box containing the stock pipes and says, "Yeah. They're in the box. You don't want 'em in, do ya? It sounds stock with 'em in.".

Felt like an idiot.
LOL...
....does it really sound like stock?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The slip-ons do, with the baffles in, but the 2-1 definitely does not. Of course it's much better with the baffle out, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts