Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might recall my seriously flawed Corsa3 tyre. Here are a couple of pics to refresh your memories:

and here's one from today:

I'm very pleased to report that it was replaced under warranty. The guys in the shop said "OH!, I've NEVER seen anything like that before".

It seems that the tread is peeling away from the carcass, a manufacturing error. I think that I was VERY lucky that I found out when and the way that I did...

They didn't expect any problem getting it replaced by Pirelli, and replaced it on the spot. I didn't even have to pay for the installation.

A BIG tip of the hat to Alberta Cycle in Edmonton, once again excellent service.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
wow. corsa IIIs are all I use. good to know. I'll check frequently.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I recall correctly......didn't you mention freezing the tire and then riding it up a curb or something similar :rolleyes: That certainly wouldn't be good for it, but very good that they replaced it for you free of charge.

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that was the only thing that I could think of that might cause it. Just a guess on my part.

I'm also glad that they replaced it

·
Registered
666 Posts
My next door neighbor had the same odd cuts on his front Pirelli. I noticed them while checking his air pressure before his first track day. His tire had 1500-2000 miles on it. The trackside tire tech thought someone had cut the tire with a box cutter, now I'm not so sure. Scary stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts