Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So after having to break my head on this braking issue I've been having, when I would lose pressure even if I'd let the bike sit in the garage, I've come to the conclusion that the master must be bad.

I'm guessing that when I crashed, the master cylinder got beat up pretty bad internally ( I mean, my knee was sprained and I was wearing a racing suite, so go figure :rolleyes:).

I was wondering if anybody knew what master cylinder Ducati uses on the 1100S models with the Brembo P4 monoblocs? I'm guessing it's 19mm radial probably, but don't know which model.

Would really appreciate it if anyone knew :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Try'imperial cycles' out of denver, CO on ebay. Everything ive gotten from them has been in excellent condition and shipped quick. If it wasnt for them and couple other similar places id still have a wadded up unrideable mess

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to try them, maybe they have it if I'm lucky.

Called a few dealers here and they did supply the kits but stopped in 2012, just my luck :eek:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck. Called a lot of US suppliers, they only had rebuild kits for older brembo's.

Called a Dutch importer, he basically called me "cheap" for not wanting to shell out 300 euro's on a Brembo RCS master cylinder :eek: .

Only thing is, those don't have rebuild kits either.

So I came across IRC master cylinders, for about 220 euro's I can have a BILLET master cylinder instead of a forged one with folding lever!

I also e-mailed Brembo for a rebuild kit, chances are they won't give me any but who knows. If not, then I'll just go the IRC route since they do have rebuild kits :D .

·
Registered
718 Posts
drinky i have a fix for you, the R6r 2007 and up has a brembo master that will do the job fine.same as the stock as far as i know. i did this upgrade on my 796 due to its lacking in braking with a crappy stock master. you can find them for about $100 to 150 on ebay.another member on the forum here told me about this.

mike

No luck. Called a lot of US suppliers, they only had rebuild kits for older brembo's.

Called a Dutch importer, he basically called me "cheap" for not wanting to shell out 300 euro's on a Brembo RCS master cylinder :eek: .

Only thing is, those don't have rebuild kits either.

So I came across IRC master cylinders, for about 220 euro's I can have a BILLET master cylinder instead of a forged one with folding lever!

I also e-mailed Brembo for a rebuild kit, chances are they won't give me any but who knows. If not, then I'll just go the IRC route since they do have rebuild kits :D .

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drinky i have a fix for you, the R6r 2007 and up has a brembo master that will do the job fine.same as the stock as far as i know. i did this upgrade on my 796 due to its lacking in braking with a crappy stock master. you can find them for about $100 to 150 on ebay.another member on the forum here told me about this.

mike
Thanks for the tip el tardo.

I've looked at a few on eBay. The look sort of similar, but not quite( different bleed position, no hole to mount bracket). Could be that my eyes are failing me though :p

I know the stocker is a PCS18, so 18mm piston diameter. Do you know the piston diameter of the R6 master? Also, at the prices I'm seeing with shipping, I wonder if it would be worth it after I add import duties as well. Would probably end up spending 180 euros for something that's not servicable :( .

·
Registered
169 Posts
what did u end up doing for this ? I think i need a internal kit for clutch side but cant find anything online .. My boot that protects is ripped off need a new boot at least

1 - 7 of 7 Posts