Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Multiple posts in the classy ma fides lately.

WTB this that or the other..........one is the individuals FIRST POST. We are just seeing the tip. These maybe perfectly affable folk but, HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW? Ya aint got a minute to introduce yourself or join in on discussions? I realize I dont offer up much in general quality, at least y'all know I'm an honest asshat. Ugh

Rant over...................

If I oh fendered ya, get ahold of my lawyers at Dewey, Cheatham and Howe...........

·
Super Moderator
4,688 Posts
Before I buy anything from the classifieds I check the person's posts. Try to see who I'm dealing with. Mighty hard to do that now.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have bought a few needed items lately, true - some had been on ebay before but I did not find them there. One tip I use if the post count is super low is to search their username and email address - chances are its out there on the net somewhere else and it might give you a heads up on the guy. Today I bought an exhaust from a guy here who only had 8 prior posts but it turns out he runs/works a BMW shop and has been on their forums for 12 years. (Put together some awesome builds too, great respect for his work!) The exhausts are scratched which his customer wasn't going to go for but wth - I see a red door and I want it painted black anyway.

Buyer beware, but I like the new rules as some people don't have all freakin day to chat online but they got stuff they need to buy or sell. Google search brings them here because this is a well established and ACTIVE forum, unlike a lot of dead ones or ones based in the UK for Ducati.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The mods and admins would like the old rules back too, but Vertical Scope prefers the openness and traffic it brings.
VS craves traffic, it's where their advertising revenue comes from, and that's ok. But they allow way too much nonsense from some who just write non stop dribble and have nothing to contribute for other members, their ridiculous post count though makes for good revenue.......

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The mods and admins would like the old rules back too, but Vertical Scope prefers the openness and traffic it brings.
Agree with RockAZ, buyer beware. I guess the days of internet forums run by some guy out of his apartment, such as VFRD, are on the way out. Although I like that concept better then some corporate owner. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,127 Posts
Buyer beware, now I just posted some questions for a seems legit ad. So WE can help some fellas out with what WE know the buyer may need to fit the aforementioned part/parts.
Oh yeah there were some bickering in the ole days about condition issues, could be shippers playing basketball with your shipped items, a crooked seller or a whinny buyer.
AND with new "Sponsors" of the site selling anything and everything, not related to our passion. Like Skinny jeans, cripe they didn't have XXXL ladies for the GF!

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Admin team is there a way to filter users with less than x posts in the market areas (or could that be added as a feature?)... that would give VS their traffic and still allow us to ignore untrustworthy folks (if they're not willing to put minimal effort into joining the community I'd not trust them and I suspect the rest of us are of a similar mind).

I guess an alternative is to put at the header of your for sale posts that you will ignore input from users with less than 10 posts in non-sale areas.

·
Registered
523 Posts
You needed at least 25 post to start a thread in the classifieds.
I like that!!!!!

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes I run across some random thing on Ebay that may interest someone. Recently I saw not 1, but 2, used Termi' single sided Sport Classic full systems. These items may interest someone in the community, so I tried to share them, but the posts get removed. I guess it's against the rules?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What was the old classified like? I have posted some things up, maybe I'm being a wanker..I hope not. Curious...not if I'm a wanker..about the old forum and why it was better?
I'd lean toward, your okay with a simple glance at your post count. I probably wouldn't even research you based on the fact your Join date is older. I simply feel like, if ya ain't got time to spend here, SUPPORT the forum, financially or otherwise, I probably don't want to deal with you. The forum and its membership come first, hawking shit, or buying from OUR members should be a luxury. That's what members do, help each other. Whether we like it or not, we have become associated or friends with each other. Mutual respect and support is the core value of a Forum. I'd sooner give parts I have to support a member (and I have many times, NOT BRAGGING) than someone I don't know, haven't participated with or that does not support the same family I have here.

Scenario: I have taken a trip out West. I break down and know of no resources. I'm going to the forum to see what help can be gathered. Good/bad dealerships, tows, parts or whatever. I bet, if I asked for help, someone here would say, "I got that, I'll be out to see if I can help the asshat Coyote, its a good excuse to meet the mangy bastard." AND YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS, I'D DO THE SAME.
Scenario: The same situation, I bought this thing from such and such on the forum but, never interacted or really knew of him. I know he's nearby. What are my chances?

It's all about trust and respect. Sorry to rant on and on. I am merely trying to point out how important membership is and what it should mean.

The thing about ebay? Well, there is a thread directed to this very thing. Are you sure the post has been deleted or has it been moved to the fleabay auction thread? There is something in the rules about selling for a "friend" or another non member. (don't believe you are allowed) That said, post up items there. I love browsing them as well simply because I'm a fat lazy turd and can't be bothered with sortin through fleabay........................

No worries, if yer a wanker............someone will come along and let you know, ya wanker!

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All good in the hood, I did NOT know about the ebay listing forum, so I AM a wanker! I love this forum, I want it to be good. Ducati ownership would be empty without it, honestly. Not to mention, I would have ZERO chance to try to get my 900ss running without ya'll!
And that my friend makes you a member, not just postin up for wanted or fer sale shit......thanks bruddah. Carry on good sir.

·
Administrator
11,962 Posts
The philosophy for the Moderators and Admins of the Ducati.ms forum from the start (December of 2003) has been to be a helpful place with the ability to have discussions like you are setting at a dinner table with someone/everyone. We never intended the first use to be a place to sell your stuff. I hope moving forward that most of the membership respects that philosophy even with the new "more flexible" rules in place by the powers that be.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The philosophy for the Moderators and Admins of the Ducati.ms forum from the start (December of 2003) has been to be a helpful place with the ability to have discussions like you are setting at a dinner table with someone/everyone. We never intended the first use to be a place to sell your stuff. I hope moving forward that most of the membership respects that philosophy even with the new "more flexible" rules in place by the powers that be.

Respecting the philosophy is one thing, and i would think most do, after all, on the whole the attitude between members is pretty good, most get along and there's definitely a view that most of the regulars know each other to an extent, given that it's an on line relationship mostly.

Kind of hard for that philosophy to be embraced and nurtured when a corporate owner wants to turn the corner hamburger place into McDonalds though, and that's pretty much what is happening, the prefab fast food culture of forums is VS, and whether we like it or not that's the way it is.

I'll do as i've always done, come and go at my leisure, help out where i know i know something helpful (in stark contrast to spamming everyone to death with dribble about PTSD and glory days of a fictitious racing career... Yawn!!!!). Occasionally buy and sell when needed, in general use the resource and contribute where i can. I've seen other forums relax the classified section and it has turned into a free for all and ultimately, a disaster for some members, there is no responsibility taken by the site owner, i get that, but rather than corporate greed how about having some respect for members and at least trying to help them stay a little safer, after all, it was the number of members and the (quality) activity of the membership that attracted VS and made the place desirable to purchase in the first place, how about respect for that....

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh my...........what a response. Well said sir. Sorry to drag anyone down with my shit. Wow.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts