Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been having starting/running issues with my 996 - actually its a BCM (LEGENDARY Kyle Thompson) built motor at 1036cc and I run all 4 injectors with a modded chip and custom mapped Power Commander. It sat for a year (dry) so it has fresh gas.

Bike starts and runs briefly, rough idle,touch the throttle and it dies. Will run on starting fluid so I know its getting spark. Checked fuel pump, filter, hoses, etc all looked fine and it was getting gas to injectors (removed hose at throttle body to check). While cranking the injectors were not spraying as they normally would (poor spray on one and three not spraying at all).

I pulled them to clean using a spray carb cleaner assuming gummed up from sitting and then went on to test them by applying voltage to the leads to check for the audible click and only on one of the three did I hear any clicking. Is there another way to check for proper function?

Has anyone had several injectors go bad at once? Never heard of this before and I cant pinpoint when this could have happened. Bike was put away running fantastic.

Whats normal voltage should I see coming from ECU to injectors?

Normal impedance of the injector? What is a bad reading?

**Update specs for injectors: Model: IW724 Ohms:15.1 cc/min:300 lb/hr: 28.53

What else should I be checking?

I know many questions and not alot to go on...been focused on my Harley so been away from the Duc scene for awhile and feel like a newb all over again.

TIA - Joe

Whats been done to bike:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/390658-post45.html

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The injectors that aren't clicking when you tested them probably have a stuck part at the end of the injector. I don't know the proper term for that part. I would try soaking the tip of the injectors in a cleaner for 24 hrs. If that doesn't work you will have to send the injectors out for sonic cleaning.

Reactions: ragemoto
1 - 2 of 2 Posts