Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2006 ST3s. Any suggestions where i can find a topbox and bracket or a rear seat back rest? Thanks

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
If you want a backrest alone, I believe Corbin offers that option. But Corbin the seat (alone) weighs about 30 pounds or so.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have that top box and bracket for my ST3, the nonfango version, which mounts on the same points as the brackets for the hard panniers..

I've actually just taken mine off but I don't want to sell it as it goes with the bike.

But I took it off for weight reduction and wind resistance reduction. I have to say I am enjoying the bike a whole lot more without it.

The frame weighs about 2.5Kg and the top box weighs nearly 3kg.

I also refitted my carbon fibre pipes which weigh 2kg less than the standard ones each. So with the hard boxes still on I've lost 10kg. They weigh about 2.5kg each so without them I have 15kg reduction.

Plus the exhaust note is better, warmer, a bit louder, and it seems a bit free-er on the rev-out. License losing free-er.

I upped the idle screw a turn too, against expert advice from here but according to local Ducati shop advice both locally here and from further north. It idles sweet, just totally relaxing, no need for any blipping in town, press the start button, no throttle, and just ride, no stalling like before. Runs like a train, a very fast one.

If you want pics of the nonfango top box bracket send me a PM. I think you should be able to get one somewhere.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you want a backrest alone, I believe Corbin offers that option. But Corbin the seat (alone) weighs about 30 pounds or so.
Um, seemed a little high, so I just now measured both with a digital luggage scale:

Stock = 5.1 lbs

Corbin = 10.5 lbs

Difference = 5.4 lbs

Might be off a bit, but not by 300%.

·
Mr Leakered
8,782 Posts
Um, seemed a little high, so I just now measured both with a digital luggage scale:

Stock = 5.1 lbs

Corbin = 10.5 lbs

Difference = 5.4 lbs

I do believe that Stick was just being sarcastic. I do enjoy my Corbin, but do chuckle every time that I lift it up.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts

Stock = 5.1 lbs

Corbin = 10.5 lbs

Difference = 5.4 lbs

Is yours newer? Maybe I had an older one, and Corbin started making them with Weight-Watchers in mind? ;-)

Dunno, but I do know that it cost me $56 to ship one last month!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts