Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 99 750 from AZ to FL. Started right up but was burning very rich, burning your eyes, then started backfireing, real bad, the guy from Eagle One said it has to be jetted, all the bikes he delivers around the country need to be jetted for altitude. So if that is the problem , which jets are they and where? Stock pipes, checked for air leaks, fuel line pinches and filter. Also, can somebody tell me how long is the frame where the tag holder goes, I think it has been bobbed off, so a stock unit will not bolt back on.Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy said it ran good before, but he probably lied. I know the jets are in the carbs, but the manual shows some kind of jets in the manifold? The valves probably need adj, but if it ran before, does it need just jetting from changing altitude?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
agent91 said:
The guy said it ran good before, but he probably lied. I know the jets are in the carbs, but the manual shows some kind of jets in the manifold? The valves probably need adj, but if it ran before, does it need just jetting from changing altitude?
yes...altitude makes a difference

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.