Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished putting my bike back together from my Jan crash. Installed new springs front and rear w/gold valves, new RCS masters. Able to save the lower faring by fabbing a derlin slider to cover the ground down area. I wish my leg repaired as fast. Going on a trip to UT and Co in a couple of weeks, I have to decide which bike to take, HD or the st , my leg is still pretty weak.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Derlin Slider

Mojo, I assume the derlin slider is that black "thing" on the lower fairing? If so I think it looks great and wondering where you got it?

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a small sheet of 1/2" derlin (stuff they make sliders out of) from amazon, cut it out on a band saw, used a dremal tool to fit. The stuff is hard to work with, its harder to cut than mild steel but it polished up pretty nice. Going to make one for the otherside which will be harder because of the contures of the faring.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back from test ride

Springs and gold valves made a heck of a difference! I was looking for potholes to run over because of how smooth it rides at lower speeds now. The new throttle tamer is worth it too. RCS clutch master made it easier to shift and find neutral too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mojo,

Did you consider sanding the other side of the fairing down flat rather than trying to shape the derlin?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Springs and gold valves made a heck of a difference! I was looking for potholes to run over because of how smooth it rides at lower speeds now. The new throttle tamer is worth it too. RCS clutch master made it easier to shift and find neutral too.
can you provide more info on the Throttle Tamer please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts