Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gday fellas.

after selling my sport 1k last year and having a quick stint on an APE Tuono 1000 (awesome bike) , i think ill be coming back to a classic.

So what's the word on the news wet clutch, dual seaters? i hear they have a big ugly subframe for the hangers......;)

Are they any better?

Personally i loved the dry clutch and cheaper registration of the one seat.
maybe investing in a PS would be wise!!!! ohlins!!!!!!

rockin on,
mongo:):):)

·
Registered
150 Posts
gday fellas.

after selling my sport 1k last year and having a quick stint on an APE Tuono 1000 (awesome bike) , i think ill be coming back to a classic.

So what's the word on the news wet clutch, dual seaters? i hear they have a big ugly subframe for the hangers......;)

Are they any better?

Personally i loved the dry clutch and cheaper registration of the one seat.maybe investing in a PS would be wise!!!! ohlins!!!!!!

rockin on,
mongo:):):)
You could install a Ducati monoposto comfort seat (about US$200 new) to replace the biposto saddle. Cowl will transfer satisfactorily.

Bolder

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You can address both issues (subframe/hangers) and Ohlins on the biposto.

yeah, if you can find someone to fabricate them for you :mad:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Chris Spohn, Endurance Engineering, pm me for his email.
He needs a host bike, anyone in Eastern PA with a Sport bip that could go by?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nimi, Greg_s: will you guys keep us posted of Chris Spohn comes up with??

~k
Nothing to really keep posted. Mine is already done, and I love it. Email Chris, see whether he has time to set you up, and if he needs a test-bike, it's very easy for me to ride up so he can use it. I'll PM you his email.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
righto, so this all sounds like extra money & stuffing around...

but are their any advantages, performance wise on the newer models??

is the wet clutch smoother, lighter, quicker??
or just adding more weight...

has the engine been tweaked at all?

do they sound better with the bigger pipes each side....?
more balanced in weight?

heavier in general?

cheers,
mongo :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Monstyr asked about Oz registration charges. Varies considerably from state to state. In Queensland 250cc bikes used to be significantly cheaper, but in recent times the only variable is one or two seats. Compulsory third party insurance for the passenger is the issue, two seats $286, single seat is $99.

Sounds like you need to take a biposto for a test ride, Mongo! I actually prefer the aesthetics of the symmetrical arrangement of the biposto, especially with Termis fitted :D The higher bars are another consideration, easily fixed, but just another thing to take care of.

If you decide to go for the earlier version, a dealer in NSW has one with a mere 430 km for under 17k Aussie pesos... Check out BikeSales...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nothing to really keep posted. Mine is already done, and I love it. Email Chris, see whether he has time to set you up, and if he needs a test-bike, it's very easy for me to ride up so he can use it. I'll PM you his email.
Thanks for the PM. I just sent an email to Chris before I saw your reply in this thread.
Anyway you can post pictures? or send a PM to see how it looks?
That's something I've been searching for for quite some time!!

Thanks,

~k

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I contacted Chris several months ago re hangers, his comment was that the GT and the Bip were very different in terms of the geometry so he needed a test bike. There was one other person on this forum that actually came up with a set of hangers for his S and was going to share but he too seems to have gone to ground... around we go again.

The short of it is if you don't live in the US this forum isn't going to help much with this problem (or a lot of others to be quite frank) so don't waste your time asking. When I get the time I am once again going to start contacting my local engineering shops and sort this out myself as I am not a fan of the BBT's and my CFM's have been gathering dust for a long time now.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm curious for those who have had it done how much it cost you

or

how much would you pay to have a set made?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
righto, so this all sounds like extra money & stuffing around...

but are their any advantages, performance wise on the newer models??

is the wet clutch smoother, lighter, quicker??
or just adding more weight...

has the engine been tweaked at all?

do they sound better with the bigger pipes each side....?
more balanced in weight?

heavier in general?

cheers,
mongo :)

All bipostos and GTs, in stock configuration and out of the box, make *less* hp than the monoposto or the PS. Must be due to the exhaust, because I think the intake is the same (?). Anyway, once you put Termis on without baffles and the DP ECU and drilled airbox it is even steven again. Or, of course, the Wasp PUK.

The wet clutch works great. Only an issue for the purists.

The forks are identical on all except the PS. Rear suspension on the GT is a step down from the Sport biposto, which I suspect is in turn a tiny step down from the Sachs on the monoposto, which works pretty well. The other major issue is the rims, which seem to affect handling. I think only the GT has the steel rims and the rest are the lighter alloy type, but someone may correct me on that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts