Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 99 ST4 last fall prior to moving from NC to AZ. Yesterday, I picked up a 2002 ST4S. I was debating between another 99 ST4 with lower miles, but the allure of the S model upgrades won out. Wow. It felt so familiar and yet so different. It has a few modest mods - kevlar brake lines, Corbin seat, DP rear sprocket. I didn't take the time to count the teeth, but I noticed that it jumped from zero to 100 in nothing flat. I was a bit surprised at the different feel of the engine. Seat of the pants analysis was very favorable. :D

·
7,733 Posts
Congrats on your new to you bike and welcome back. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got the same bike - but you should have stayed in NC! I do have a cousin in Gilbert, though... ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Change is good. Lots of good riding weather here, although I'm getting in at the end of the season. I'll be looking for good mods/necessary upgrades over the summer.

Gilbert suits me so far.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Motorcycle.com App

·
7,733 Posts
Change is good. Lots of good riding weather here, although I'm getting in at the end of the season. I'll be looking for good mods/necessary upgrades over the summer.

Gilbert suits me so far.

Riding "season", in Auz? :think: :confused: Why can't you ride year round? I know it's not because of freezing temps and ice and snow. :)

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I do the same in Texas starting when the temps start exceeding 100. Ill get up and do a breakfast ride, but midday-late afternoon, forget it.

B

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Must admit I do like the ride of the 4s, but I just seem to favour ST2. I don't know why?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I imagine that I'll ride all year, but if I must have down time, it'll be in the summer/monsoon season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts