Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a 5 month hiatus I'm happy to be back on a Sport Classic. I finally added a 2006 Sport 1000 Mono to the mix yesterday. This is the one model that has been on my list to own. I had a GT1000 up until this spring and let it go to build a new Monster 1100S:

The Monster is a better bike in almost every way. Better brakes, better motor, lighter and better handling, but there is something about the Sport Classics that makes you smile. The new to me Sport 1000 is completely stock except for a 2-1 Termi. It just turned 6K miles and is in pretty good shape besides a horribly swollen fuel tank. Hopefully after little TLC and new set of tires, it should be back to 100%. It poured the entire 45 minute ride home last night, but it was one of the best rides I've had this season.

My next decision is if I want to keep the Monster or sell it for a 999R, 1098S, etc.. I do know the Sport 1000 is keeper for good:

Glad to be back actively on the SC forum....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jason You lucky, LUCKY bugger! :), that Monster looks so sweet...so can you say a bit more what makes the SC so good for you? Mine makes me smile too...except when I dropped it on my clutch hand breaking it in three places....wasn't smiling then....more of a grimace really, I still can't pull the clutch in so still grimacing, but other than that it makes me smile ;)

Cheers

g.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason You lucky, LUCKY bugger! :), that Monster looks so sweet...so can you say a bit more what makes the SC so good for you? Mine makes me smile too...except when I dropped it on my clutch hand breaking it in three places....wasn't smiling then....more of a grimace really, I still can't pull the clutch in so still grimacing, but other than that it makes me smile ;)

Cheers

g.
For me the SC "stirs the emotions" visually more than the Monster. I've always liked the way that particular year looked with the single shock, swing arm and exhaust. I originally went with the GT because I was scared of the committed riding position on the Sport 1000. I moved to the Monster primarily for the better suspension, but the entire package is really well put together. The DS1100 motor has a better "seat of the pants" feel. I'm sure it's a combination of lighter wheels, bigger airbox and larger diameter exhaust.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I moved to the Monster primarily for the better suspension, but the entire package is really well put together. The DS1100 motor has a better "seat of the pants" feel. I'm sure it's a combination of lighter wheels, bigger airbox and larger diameter exhaust.
Yeah kinda all of the above. But I'd say everybody has come together and come up with great options and solutions to all those problems in the stock set up of the SC. Would be nice if they would offer one from the factory with a few of our wish list items though. I mean the suspension at least is just a sad sad thing they gave us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts