Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much else to say really, finally found my way back into a Ducati a couple years after selling my 916. That's one bike I've missed, even though it was admittedly not fun to ride on my work commute.. Since the 916 I've had a Buell Lightning, Victory V92c, Yamaha R6, GSXR 600, and inherited my dad's old '79 Lowrider. Definitely missed the tractor like feel of the Ducati engine vs the high strung I4s.

Decided I needed something I could have fun with when I'm by myself, something I could commute on, and something I could plop the GF on the back and go for a nice long cruise :)

Bike was owned by a Ducati dealership owner who did the upgrades himself, then sold to the owner in 2003 who owned it up until I drove it away from his storage facility this afternoon. Engine feels fantastic, clutch feels great, transmission shifts like butter, brakes are very solid, only has some normal little cosmetic issues from the years. Also has the matching yellow hard bags and the little back rest for the passenger.

Hopefully it stops raining soon so I can put some real miles on it!!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Nice. Very nice. That said, now that I know you once rode a cruiser I have a different opinion of you..... :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. Very nice. That said, now that I know you once rode a cruiser I have a different opinion of you..... :p
If it makes it better, I actually inherited both of the cruisers I've ever owned! The Victory was a colossal piece of crap... The Harley isn't much better but it's got way too much sentimental value to ever get rid of :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,218 Posts
Nice color. I'm so tired of the ubiquitous red, black, and silver on every Ducati nowadays.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice color. I'm so tired of the ubiquitous red, black, and silver on every Ducati nowadays.
Admittedly I was looking for a red one.. I only test rode this one because it was close by and the price was good. After seeing it up close I realized how nice yellow actually looks on these :)

Says the guy with a yellow bike of his own...:grin2:

Congrats OP!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
The boring colors can be fixed with decals. I'm talking bright yellow flame job. Always wanted to do that to my silver ST2. The 1998 year only said Ducati on the front fairing--not even "ST2". Definitely needed more pizaz!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
The boring colors can be fixed with decals. I'm talking bright yellow flame job. Always wanted to do that to my silver ST2. The 1998 year only said Ducati on the front fairing--not even "ST2". Definitely needed more pizaz!
Uh, "we" can make that happen.....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts