Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 06 st3s and the instrument cluster back light is not working. I know it's suppose to change with the outside light but when dark the gauages are dark. anybody run into this and if so what the fix?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know the manual says it has a sophisticated sensor that turns the backlight on when it gets dark, but I'm pretty suspicious that it's just on all the time (you just don't notice it when it's light out). So, i'd say you have a bad bulb or connection.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
There is no "bulb" per se, but the light comes from an Electro-Luminescent film in the housing.

Big words, but the reality is that when it goes out (and if it's not another type of electrical problem / loose connection), chances are it is gone for good.

This part (the display cluster) gets my vote every time as the worst-designed part on the ST bikes. It is very fragile, super expensive and required for the bike to run properly and meet regulations.

Ducati should have an open-ended recall for this part.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Oh, OP, please post a message in this thread to keep track...

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=59655

1 - 3 of 3 Posts