Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after being back in the saddle a while now (since the deer).

I live in the twisties and there is generally quite a few things besides deer
to be aware of.
I find sometimes I'm at ease and then other times I'm really stressing over
patches of gravel for instance. After 10 miles or so I start to relax a bit but being stressed sure takes from the pleasure and also screws with the
ability to ride. The first 5 miles out and the last 5 in have lots of gravel patches.
As well as throughout the county on main and back roads, tuning corners particularly.

I don't remember being concerned over such things before the incident.
How long does it take to get back in the groove?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know how long it takes, I'm still working on that after falling asleep on the freeway. Somedays everything is almost like it was, the next day it's like I just learned to ride. What has helped is to relax and get my head on straight, and if that means pulling over and resting I rest. Enjoy each and every ride even if it is only to the drug store.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi Rob,

I got attacked by a 9-10' Bronze Whaler in 2007.
Still have issues paddling out in the half light before dawn.
Wondering the same thing...

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob,

I got attacked by a 9-10' Bronze Whaler in 2007.
Still have issues paddling out in the half light before dawn.
Wondering the same thing...
Rosco, makes my deer incident pale in comparison. That's what I needed,
to see the bigger picture.;) Glad your still paddling out!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
You don't want to forget it. If you did you wouldn't learn from it. Even something that at first you might think was totally out of your control, wasn't.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't want to forget it. If you did you wouldn't learn from it. Even something that at first you might think was totally out of your control, wasn't.
I hear you and in most incidents it would be good advice. But deer hits are so common round here it was just my time. I use to think that people who hit deer weren't paying attention. I got two last year, one with the pick up and one on the bike. Neither gave any reaction time. Short of crawling around at really low speeds about all one can do is be paying attention and hope he can see the deer first. Sort of like handling snakes.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts