Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Well after almost 3 months out of the saddle with a broken hand I got out for a quick spin (between rain showers) yesterday, :) Fortunately it's been one of the wetest winters here in Perth for many years so I haven't missed out on too much riding while healing.

About 2 weeks after getting the two pins removed from my hand I managed to fit and an EVR clutch slave and a WASP TMSD (figured I had to build up the strength in my hand somehow!). Because of the brake to my left hand, it is currently only about 60% the strength it was 3 months ago. However, the EVR clutch slave means that not only can I pull the clutch quite easily, but I can hold it in easily too. I think it has reduced the effort required to pull in the clutch by about 30-40%. Looks a damn site better than the OEM slave too. I only had an hour ride before the rain returned and headed home but in that time I had no problems with gear changes or finding neutral, very happy with the new slave, fitting the slave and bleeding the clutch was simple, I pumped plenty of clutch fluid through the unit to make sure all the air was out of the system.

The WASP TMSD is really great too. The mounting hardware is as beautiful and as well made as the damper itself and the whole thing really looks the biz. Fitting the damper was easy and took about 25 mins. I've got the damper set to 9 (halfway) at the moment, just enough to notice a little resistance to general riding, which is all I have been able to do so far....I have found this setting makes the front end feel more planted, and gives me more confidence as the front end does not appear to have that "twitchyness" as before. A big cheers to Greg for personally delivering the damper and mounting hardware to me and taking the time to have a chat.

I'm sure you've all seen this kit already, but here it is again coz it looks so damn fine!

Cheers all

g.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
glad to hear you're back at it!

i totally get it with the aftermarket slave - always shocks me that ducati still makes that truck of a slave, after all these years. maybe they have a "gentleman's agreement" with the aftermarket folks, who have been making a tidy sum on this shortcoming over the years...

i also have greg's tmsd and absolutely love it. nicest bit of kit i've seen - jewelry like in fit, finish and every detail thought through, right down to the meticulous packing and excellent full-color instructions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GTRossi

Yeah Ducati do some really odd things....I've had a few over the years, starting with the first Pantah SL back in the 80's. I like them because they do have a lot of "soul", but why Ducati insist on cheaping out on some components on a really nice bike (Clutch lave/Forks/Master cylinders/Spokes/Voltage regulator), and worse still don't properly address big problems (our tanks) is beyond me....these things will hurt the company in the long term.

g.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts