Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My love affair with Ducati started with a Monster 19 years ago but have been riding a 749 for the past 5 years. Now I'm taking delivery of a Monster 797 next week but have a couple questions.
I was a bit surprised that the new Monsters have a cable actuated clutch and was wondering if
there are any advantages/disadvantages with them since I've only owned Ducs with hydraulic clutches.
Also, a number of reviews have indicated neutral is hard to find on this bike. Is this something that goes away once the bike has been broken in?
Thanks in advance for any input

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welp....I've only had cable clutches...several cons off the top of my head...dirt, stretch, longevity...they get dirty...settle in and stretch...and if they split , kink or gum up they need replacing...that said they rarely need adjustment...can change the bite point on the fly and are easily replaced with minimal frustrations...all in I imagine it's a lighter setup

And as to neutral...I don't think it goes away...you just become accustomed to operating it like it needs to be and the problem just fades away...the shift setup is very similar across Ducatis lineup so it's hard to say that it's only a problem with the monster...despite this commonality I still found a myriad of posts about the shift return spring failing...mine went at 40k miles....maybe the life has been extended...but it's still a bugbear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts