Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Deals Gap and had a great time on the 1,200 mile trip. The ST3 handled like a champ and I didn't add any parts to the tree of shame.:D It's nice to park your bike around hundreds of other motorcycles and not see a single one like yours. I think I spotted one ST on 129, but that was it. The overall performance was great, but it seems like it's surging a lot more at 3-4k in 2nd and 3rd gear. Is there anything I can do to fix that?:think: It already has the DP kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad you had a great time. My friend and I were in that area last month for 5 days and never saw another Ducati. Its good to be different and unique.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I just got back from Deals Gap and had a great time on the 1,200 mile trip. The ST3 handled like a champ and I didn't add any parts to the tree of shame.:D It's nice to park your bike around hundreds of other motorcycles and not see a single one like yours. I think I spotted one ST on 129, but that was it. The overall performance was great, but it seems like it's surging a lot more at 3-4k in 2nd and 3rd gear. Is there anything I can do to fix that?:think: It already has the DP kit.
I'd like to do that trip some day. Sounds fun.

With the DP kit there should be no surging. Have whoever tunes your bike to forget the exhaust analyzers and just richen the fuel trim until it goes away.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was just up there this past weekend myself. Rode the tail and it was awesome! I got there on Friday around 7:30 and it had pretty much cleared out by then so I had it to myself. I then took 28 down by Fontana Dam and it was surreal. I didn't see another auto for 40 minutes and riding by the lake there was this mist coming off of it. Really fantastic! hwy 68 was great too. I finally found what touches down first on my Duc (the pipes). I only saw one other St and it was a grey one with the bags off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard mixed reviews about the Dragon, but it was well worth it. I have never been on another road like it. We started out on the Dragon in the morning, rode about 200 miles, and ended on the Dragon Friday evening. I had to hit one more time on my way home Saturday too.:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews about the Dragon, but it was well worth it. I have never been on another road like it. We started out on the Dragon in the morning, rode about 200 miles, and ended on the Dragon Friday evening. I had to hit one more time on my way home Saturday too.:D
If you get up that way again be sure to do 28 and 68 as I think they were both better than the dragon! Less traffic twists and beautiful country.

·
7,733 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews about the Dragon, but it was well worth it. I have never been on another road like it....

Everybody should try and do it at least once just for the experience. It can be a "zoo" at time. I saw three bikes down, one serioulsy, (ie a sport rider being shown the racing line by the guy on the Gold Wing) in one pass. No wonder the cops always crack down on that road. Did you get a picture of yourself from Kill Boy? Mines hanging in my house. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Everybody should try and do it at least once just for the experience. It can be a "zoo" at time. I saw three bikes down, one serioulsy, (ie a sport rider being shown the racing line by the guy on the Gold Wing) in one pass. No wonder the cops always crack down on that road. Did you get a picture of yourself from Kill Boy? Mines hanging in my house. :)
No...it's actually kinda a funny story. I was to meet people down there on Friday and I was coming in from Charlotte. we were going to do the dragon on Saturday so my plan was just to meet them at the Hotel in Dillsboro. Anyway, coming off of I40 I missed my exit and ended up in Gatlinburg. I asked some locals and they said to go down such and such road then hit 129 to 28. Well, I'd heard about the dragon but had no idea of the official highway designation. I was getting tired and stopped at a turnoff that had a lot of other motorcyclists around 7:00p.m. As I was sitting there talking with a local I saw this truck pull up with the Dragon emblazoned on it's side. It suddenly dawned on me that I was at the beginning of the dragon by sure luck. So I rode it and by then there was no one on it but the guy that takes pictures also left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts