Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to be back! This forum was a godsend when I first started riding 8 or 9 years ago. I conned my friends and family into agreeing that a scooter was a good idea...then the scooter idea manifested as an Aprilia RS50. As my long con continued, I convinced all parties involved that the Aprilia didn't have enough power to safely maneuver the local streets: enter my 1/2 faring 750ss, then a built 1000ss, then back to an Aprilia RS125, a 90s 1/2 fairing 900ss and finally a Kawasaki ZX-6R. After taking a break from riding I got a bike that I have always pinned for, a Sportclassic GT1000. A 1000s would have been preferable, but it is not in the budget and this GT1000 was priced right.

I picked it up locally in Chicago, and it is a riders bike. Definitely not a contender for a collectible, but that's kind of how I like my rides. Like I said, I am happy to be back on the forum and this time I'm not lurking. The knowledge, maturity, and support of this community is spectacular. Through it I learned how to changed the belts and do the valves which I did to my 750ss and my 1000ss half a decade ago. No pics of the bike yet, and probably none coming, I think I only took one for myself for reference.

Thanks again and I am ecstatic to be back on two wheels once more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Life happens, dude. Glad you're back in the game. I had to take a nearly 20 year hiatus. Now riding like hell to try and catch up.

·
Official Retired Person
7,324 Posts
Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your GT as much as I enjoy mine. And I do really enjoy mine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts