Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to be taking this road in a few weeks time.
I hear certain parts are OK for exploring a "reasonable" pace but others are more heavilly policed (sensible reasons I understand).
Can anyone pin-point the areas to watch out for that are not obvious (towns etc).

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warning and the link.
we have part of that route already set as we are staying in Titisee and will be going north a few time to Pforzheim , Furtwangen , Triberg etc ....basically all the tourist haunts - Looking forward to it immensely.
Are you far from Titisee ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quiet far away, 650km one-way. Got the Information and Route from some Members of another Motorcycle-Forum I`ve been in for Years. They live/ride down there so its an expert Advice.:)

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quiet far away, 650km one-way. Got the Information and Route from some Members of another Motorcycle-Forum I`ve been in for Years. They live/ride down there so its an expert Advice.:)
Thanks for taking the time , I'll report back on our return (Early Sept)

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To give an ending to this thread , the bike didn't make it to Europe (will be explaing why in the ST section for those interested) but did take the car and whilst my wife is not comfortable in a RHD car in Europe so I was not able to "have fun" it was clear that the road was excellent and would have been great on a bike. Having said that , it appears the Romans never made it to Southern Germany as there seems to be very few straight roads (apart from motorways) which can be a pain in a tin box but is great fun on a bike as almost any of the roads in the area would be a delight on two wheels.

·
Registered
196 Posts
B500, schwarzwalderhochstrasse is a great road (when you like fast corners), but since the speed limit is mostly 100 km/hour ( 62 miles/hour) you might get bored when trying not to ride too fast. A lot of roads in the schwarzwald are more exiting because has more and/or thighter bends and more height differences, especially roads crossing the B500, since a lot of the B500 is following the highest points in the landscape, where crossroads go downhill with more thight corners.
These roads are also limited at 100 km/hour ( 62 miles/hour), but even at that speed much more fun than the B500, And less police control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts