Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Axle slider/ spool for 999

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pjonte 
#1 ·
I hate the factory stand that came with my 999r. I would prefer it to sit on spools, but my swingarm doesnt have bungs. Anyone know of some sexy axle slider/spools for it? I have a set of the fast bikes spool sliders on myntrack bike and the work, but they are big and bulky. Not the look i want on the R

#2 ·
By your R's number you have the sand casted swinger? If so Gilles used to sell a chain adjuster/ stand bobbin part that completely replaces the OEM axle sliders. Some guys just throw a steel rod thru the axle. However neither allow you to R and R your wheel.
If your not stuck on changing the look of your 999R, then why now swap out for the upgraded swinger? All the bearings/bushings/axle transfer....the only change is the lower shock screw/bushing arrangement which is different on the black box style swinger. You'll also need the axle blocks/ adjustment screws, etc. But most come complete and their cheap right now on FleaBay.

#3 ·
Picture in the link sucks, but I'm running them on my track bike and have been happy. Spools are pretty small in diameter and don't stick out very far. I would not call them sexy but compared to the Fastbikes = ugly (I've ran them on a 996) they are much smaller and much less visible. From my research the only other options are welding on your own spool lugs or swapping for a newer model swingarm but either gets complicated.

R&G Racing Rear Axle Sliders/Protectors for 999 02-07 - Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Street Parts - SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.