Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked LT's site and it doesn't appear he's got axle plates for 99+ SS with a steel swingarm. Well the tangs on the OEM plates finally bent and did a number on my swingarm, so I'm looking to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
What do you mean by axle plate?

This PDF is the 900SSie alloy swinging arm, not steel, but it may help you get a response if you can refer to the bit in the pic.

Or is it somewhere else not in this pic?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I joined LT's message board and inquired there and apparently he doesn't support my model and suggested Corsair Industries. I shot them an email inquiring if they had the correct aftermarket part for my model and I'm currently awaiting a response. Otherwise I'll be learning how to use CAD to design my own. Fingers crossed!

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Curiosity

What is an axle plate? Is it on the pic I sent?

You could also try a wrecker or dismantler, whatever you call them where you live.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, however the OEM units which is stamped steel. I thought I was lucky and had not had any issues with them up until now. It's the bit with the "pointer" to gauge whilst adjusting the chain tension. My right plate finally gave and did a number on my swingarm. I'm looking for a billet piece which will hold up however as I've recently found DT does not support my model. So if this other outfit doesn't carry the bit for me I see this as another outlet for me to fill. I rather enjoy my bike but have found no real support or aftermarket for it. So I'm designing my own!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts