Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilding a 2000 era Showa off a Ducati Monster. Unfortunately the fella lost one of the o-rings to seal the slider into the lug. He has the lugs off the slider tubes. Anyone know where to find these? Don't really want to just get a random o-ring since they may not be good at sealing oil.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Showa fork or shock? Not sure of your terminology in regards to lug...

For the fork, the only actual generic o ring you could replace I know of is the one that fits on the fork cap where it screws to the top of the aluminum stanchion. That you could probably source anywhere that has a selection of o rings for sale. Bring the one you have, size it and buy two to replace them both. If it has aftermarket valves, like Race Tech, there is an o ring where the valve seals to the cartridge. The only other rubber parts I can think of aren't regular o rings are the actual inner oil seal and outer dust seal. Those are available and inexpensive from a few vendors on line and your dealer.

Showa shock? I haven't been in one, but I have serviced an Ohlins and that had a few specialized seals to replace. Nothing I would grab generic given the pressure they operate under.

These guys have all the specialized bushings and seals you'd need and they are OEM quality.
Race Tech Suspension

If I've completely misunderstood your question, maybe post a pic of what you're looking for!

Edit: Read your post again. Are you talking about the fork bottom, where the caliper bolts on? Never had those off. If there is an o ring in there, it will be like the one at the fork cap. Nothing special. Size it and replace.

Note for future work. The only reason to remove the fork bottoms is to replace a damaged part like a slider which are more expensive to buy than a set of used forks off eBay these days... No need to remove them for routine service.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts