Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone out ridin'?

Rick/butch, we'll need to get together soon.

Those Sunday morning breakfasts at 8:30 are a little early for me to have to leave at 6:00.

I may see you guys in Mt. Airy May 5-7 for the Duc's on the BRP.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
JohnBoy hey 8:30 breakfast means that we leave for the real ride at about 10:00 or so. If you feel like heading this way drop a line and we will find a place to me up after breakfast.
Rick says that I have to ride your bike and check out the front end work that he did. I'll be sending mine his way soon.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
been riding - commuting and playing. Sold the Monster today:(

got what I wanted out of it..:)

gonna rain tomorrow and then I'm in FL on business all next week.

anyone else in the Charlotte/Concord NC area?

John Boy, did you replace the battery?

Meet some of ya at DABR..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"John Boy, did you replace the battery?"

Yeah, I modified the battery box to hold an Odyssey battery that I had from my old R11RS. It was used for two years and then sat for over a year and still cranks out over 12 volts.

Best battery on the market!!

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
geospencer said:
I'm in Concord!

I just keep forgetting to look in this particular forum. (Old age! :sleep: )
LOL,

PM me, love to meet up with some other local Duc riders. I'm off of Poplar Tent Rd.

I did get out Sunday for about an hour. Trying to get my and my G/F butts ready for some long rides.

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
I rarely come to this thread/section, too......this past weekend (15th &16th), my wife and I were in the mountains of northern Georgia in the Dahlonega/Helen/Suches area. This weekend, weather permitting, we are planning on just hanging out for some day rides in the mountains of North Carolina, I think mainly in the 276/215/BRP area and may even head over toward the Hwy 28/Wayah Rd/Hwy 129 area. There will be a few people staying at the motorcycle campground in Cruso, NC from the Carolina Riders forum (which has been down for the last week as it is upgraded and moved to a new server).

www.carolinariders.com

Some of the folks have registered on Jay's "Road Rash Sucks" website ( www.roadrashsucks.com ), but, unfortunately, his forum has been having issues today, too.

Anyway, for any of those interested (Butch and Johnboy), Vicki is now riding her own bike, again. Here's a page I set up for her and her GSX-R.

www.members.aol.com/TBoling125/gsxr_page.html

She's logged over 1100 miles in the last 4-5 weeks. I've already had to lecture her once for going too fast. You'd think with how banged up she got and not having been on her own bike in almost three years, she'd ride a little slower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm leaving in a few minutes for N.C. for this rally. http://www.STCforRiders.com/
Will be there all weekend. 129, BRP, Wayah Rd., 276, 215, etc.
It doesn't get much better. Riding the BMW this weekend.

But I'll be back again next weekend 4/28-30. Again staying at Ironhorse.
www.ironhorsenc.com
Plan on riding the Ducati for that one.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Terry,
Its good to hear that Vicki is getting back out. I checked out the web page, thats a pretty slick setup. I know she is a trooper, she did way to much pillion time and didn't bitch about it. Hopefully she will be ready for a group ride before to long.
I have been out you way riding a few times this past month. I have been able to sneak away from work early on Friday a few times and ride 215 over the BRP and take 178 from Rosman, then 276 up Ceasars Head and down to Brevard and back up to the BRP and back to Avl. I'm always looking for your bike.

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
butch said:
I'm always looking for your bike.
We don't get out too often, since we need a babysitter to be able to go riding. Fortunately, Audrey is cute enough, and getting to the age where she interacts more, that we are having more people wanting to keep her overnight and for weekends. My mother can't get enough of her and wants to get her at least one weekend a month, so.....hopefully we'll be out riding more often. If you happen to see Vicki and me, we'll probably look a bit like this.....

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.