Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever installed aux lighting on an ST?

Any experience with PIAA 910s, or the Hella DTs, HID lighting?

I had an uncomfortable experience on a dark and stormy night on Vancouver Island this fall when I couldn't see where the fug I was going. I had Hella FF55s on my Dakar, and that worked well when the generator wasn't too busy!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
There use to be photos in here of PIAA lights on special brackets that bolt at the mirror/fairing interface. The position of the light globe is just below the mirrors. Gary Eagan had this set up on his super ST. do a search in hereand/or Google. You might get lucky.

I did some Aux. lights above my radiator on my ST2. They were el-cheepo Pilot brand, and only 1.6 " tall off the mounting surface. Big improvement to the stock "older" headlight.

I ended up making my own kit like DUCATI DESIGNS. OODLES of light from these quality Hella products. But, fabbing my own brackets, relays, harness, etc. and I still have a clugey filler panel (my ultimate goal is one in CF). You'd be better off tossing your $600 hard eaned $'s to the DD package.

Crap I just realized you're dealing with the newer fairing ST3 style. Good news is that DD is "working on a solution" for your bikes too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cyclegadgets

Cyclegadgets has those units that bolt on to the calipers. I was hoping to find something that would hang the lights below the mirrors at the same height as the headlight. Metal fabrication is not my strong suit, so I was hoping some one else had already come up with something.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello

I purchased some of those brackets from a gentleman named Michael in the UK on ebay. He's currently got an auction for an "engine trolley" to be used on Ducati motors going on, so I imagine he could be contacted through that auction page.
Seems like they were about $40-$45 for the pair, and are nicely formed.
I haven't mounted mine yet. Just thin sheet metal that fits between the fairing and the mirror mounts, and provides a lip to mount the PIAA or other lights on. Very unobtrusive, I thought.

His eBay name: michael4317

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I'd be interested in a set of these light brackets myself. Anybody know where to get them? I tried the UK ebay site, and could not find anthing. even with the DD headlight setup, I still have dimwhits turning across my path. Maybe some outboard lights would help them to see me.....Will

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
light brackets

Just heard back from Mike Shannon, the guy who makes up the light brackets. The price for the pair of brackets plus shipping is 38 British pounds($63 US) His email address is [email protected]. He will make up as many sets as you want or need. Don't have time to deal with a group buy, but if someone else wants to, have at it. I'm going to order up a set, and install Clearwater LED lights(web bike world) on my 03 ST4s. Maybe then the aholes in the cages will see me a bit better........Will

·
Registered
331 Posts
st aux brackets

hi
here i am and here is some 3mm alloy aux brackets for all st ducati they are the 3mm alloy ones are for sale i have not placed them on ebay .com or ebay .co.uk as st riders in uk dont like them
i ahve aset on my st due to the st2 out put i have 1500mcd white rated l.e d. s fitted in them
will be same cost as last set i sold, 100 grams x2 no = 200 grams in weight for a set of aux brackets
i have ducati laser cut brackets for trellis and bevel as well to mount on a engine stand
mike shannon st2 n.ireland u.k.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.