Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here's the thing, I DONT LIKE WALKING!

Curious on how many ST owners have mounted aux fuel bottles or 2.5 L Gerry cans.

As you know, once the yellow fuel lite starts flashing, you actually have no clue how much fuel you have or how far you can go........2 litres could get me places....
My setup has panniers and small Givi top box.

Please post pics

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can't really help but would think it rare to actually need the extra given the ST already has pretty good range. The longest I've gone so far is 360 km, and I thought I must be on fumes but when filling up could only get 16L in meaning I still had 3L in reserve. The fuel light comes on a loooong way before empty.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Turbo.....I like to pound miles. Longest trip this year was 500 in a day, but have done 600-800 in the past (got an iron butt in '83). I just like the idea of having spare so I need not worry, especially in areas like Wyoming, Canadian prairie and such.

k

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can get fuel bladders in various sizes. The good thing is once empty thy take up hardly any space. Seen them on adventure riding sites. They are supposed to be pretty tough/puncture resistant and being soft could be thrown into pannier.

Reactions: Stick

·
Registered
12 Posts
What about small bottles like they use for camping fuel? I would imagine we wouldn't need multiple gallons, just a liter or two to get to the next fuel stop.

·
Mr Leakered
8,868 Posts
There is a full 1.5gal (5.7l) after the reserve light pops on. I typically refill around 200mi when commuting and almost 250mi when out on trips. It is a lot of range if you really use it. I typically divide my trip miles by four (gallons) and add it up. This gives me the number to start thinking about filling up.

I was thinking about something like this a couple years back:
https://bestrestproducts.com/product-category/pegpacker/

I had a pic somewhere that I cannot find.

The problem is that, due to where the front of the side case are, it would need to be several inches higher than the passenger peg so that your heel doesn't hit it with the balls of your feet on the main pegs.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I live in WY and have done trips to BFE Nebraska. Its not that rare to find a gas station really. If I know it will be a while before I find another station, I top off the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts