Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I have been remiss for not posting a photo on my own thread, but it has been raining ever since I gotback from our Annual Autumn Adventure ride. Attached is a shot I grabbed while waiting for Dennis' tire to inflate during the "Lost" segment of AAA/2008.
http://www.nwbikers.com/VID_Lost.html

Not much, but hopefully I can get some good shots on our upcoming Autumn Colors Ride to eastern Washington.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Not as great as others (crummy location) however the colors were so bold I couldn't resist taking a picture of them...

awesome pic! this is what I miss about the east coast. Our autumn colors here in the northwest are pretty much over before they get started because just as the leaves start to turn, we get heavy wind/rain storms ripping them from the trees.

Here's one from last weekend as the tree were starting to turn gold, but these wont last too much longer.

·
Premium Member
5,575 Posts
I’ve been to Rhode Island and Maine recently for work and decided it would be a good time to take my camera along! I was able to make a few stops for the just starting to change foliage. Not at the peak just yet, but not too bad. More to follow...

·
Premium Member
5,575 Posts
Love the shot of Portland Head lighthouse!

The missus & were just there six weeks ago (by Multi from Indiana)!!!
Thanks! That must have been an awesome trip!

I have more pictures of the Portland Light than any human should! Happens to be one of my favorite spots.

·
Premium Member
5,575 Posts
Thanks!

A couple more. Unfortunately, my DSLR is currently at Canon New Jersey for a shutter replacement. I had to find, charge up, and remember how to use my Wife's 10 year old 3.3 MP Sony Cybershot. The image quality is disappointing. I was unable to keep the sky from blowing out. On the up side, it was easy to pack on the bike, so these shots are from a ride I went on yesterday in my general area.

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,130 Posts
Here are a few quickies I shot around my house this past weekend. I love New England in the Autumn! :D

-don

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,575 Posts
There is some nice stuff in here!

Veteq. Nice bike, nice shots! Curious about the tight 3/4 shot of your 1098. EXIF shows a 40D with a 50MM f/1.8 being used @ f/1.8, yet the whole bike is in good focus? That close, with a 50 set to 1.8, you'd expect a shallower depth of field. Is the EXIF wrong, or do you think the 1.6 crop sensor of the 40D has something to do with it? I don't have a 50 1.8 anymore, but when I did have one I used it with a film camera so the FOV I'm used to seeing with that lens maybe off when compared to a smaller sized sensor. Don't mean to get geeky, just wondering, as I have considered getting another 50.

·
Registered
232 Posts
There is some nice stuff in here!

Veteq. Nice bike, nice shots! Curious about the tight 3/4 shot of your 1098. EXIF shows a 40D with a 50MM f/1.8 being used @ f/1.8, yet the whole bike is in good focus? That close, with a 50 set to 1.8, you'd expect a shallower depth of field. Is the EXIF wrong, or do you think the 1.6 crop sensor of the 40D has something to do with it? I don't have a 50 1.8 anymore, but when I did have one I used it with a film camera so the FOV I'm used to seeing with that lens maybe off when compared to a smaller sized sensor. Don't mean to get geeky, just wondering, as I have considered getting another 50.
thank you, the 1098 is a great subject to photograph, doesn't seem to have any bad angles. It EXIF info is correct, I always leave the info in case someone wonders what settings were used. The 1.6 crop is part of the reason why so much of the bike is in focus at 1.8F. In this particular case I had to also use photoshop to sharpening the front wheel that was also somewhat blurred. I love the nifty-fifty for bike shots, it's very light and fast. I wish the auto focus was more accurate.... what can you expect from a $100 lens :)

·
Still needs a life.
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts