Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks like a swell deal to Uli.........Maybe a chopper project or do a bobber job to it. Or better yet a Turbo......Street Racer Kit.....And a slick on the back.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in this area. Glad to check it out if someone is interested. I'm pretty good at sniffing out bullshit.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reverse look up of the phone number shows it is a land line in Nebraska. I texted the number last night asking to look at the bike anytime today. Crickets....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good question Yorik, but the number listed said to text..Now then, I did get a text reply this afternoon...from TextNow.com. No idea, but the text said and I quote, "Hi there, I have posted the 2007 Ducati GT1000 for my sister in law so if you are interested please contact her at: [email protected] so she can give you more details. Her name is Casey. The price is $ 4,000. Thanks-Sent free from TextNow.com."

I replied, "So...why didn't you just make her the contact? Is she in Champaign,IL? I see you're in Nebraska."

I figure that this will probably be the end of the discussion, but was thinking, wonder what would happen if we could get a bunch of listers to email said sister-in-law about 100 times.

A long time ago I had a client who wouldn't pay his bill. So, I made a loop of about 4 of his bills and faxed it to him....then left for the evening. While I never did get paid I heard through the grapevine that I made a mess of his fax machine and he burned up a lot of paper.

·
Registered
846 Posts
This is the same story / messages I got when I called about that Darmah. Same scam.

Also - what's a fax machine?

;-)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the same story / messages I got when I called about that Darmah. Same scam.

Also - what's a fax machine?

;-)
Shortly after I quit using a stylus and clay, fax machines were invented. At first they only squished the clay and sent little or no information, so they were repurposed as Play-Doh stations. The invention of Papyrus, by an early papal leader, made the fax machine a legitimate method of conveying messages via a phone line, e.g. pigeon roost device, and the carrier pigeon system was born.

Hope that clears things up.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
How do you get a text message on a land line?
You can if you have home phone through comcast, I imagine some of the others must be able to do this also. Thus you receive texts from others cells and you get them on computer or phone/tablet with app.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Some services also have a synthesized voice which reads the text to you. Depending on the text the resulting message can be quite confusing.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
I wrote to the seller asking where the bike can be viewed and for a contact phone number. Below is the response, with a bunch of good photos, but did not answer my questions.

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Shortly after I quit using a stylus and clay, fax machines were invented. At first they only squished the clay and sent little or no information, so they were repurposed as Play-Doh stations. The invention of Papyrus, by an early papal leader, made the fax machine a legitimate method of conveying messages via a phone line, e.g. pigeon roost device, and the carrier pigeon system was born.

Hope that clears things up.
fkin lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts