Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/1521?antiCache=1251852588039AB2B2B664AC7C8C525B5DE5CDDF9A247

This is an absolutely amazing model! Every detail is present with perfect fidelity. Paint color and logos? Perfect. The shocks and fork sliders work. The steel spokes and chromed rims mate with perfect replicas of Michelin Pilot Classic tires, which feel slighty soft to the touch. Even the brake discs have that slightly burnished stainless steel look. The instrument cluster has chromed bezels, with black faces. Even the LCD windows are present and in the proper gray color. Included is a paddock stand for display.

I looked and looked, and had only one "A-ha!" moment. The ignition key is silver instead of black. (Now THAT'S a big deal!)

I may sell the full scale GT. This looks safer, and insurance and maintenance costs should be lower. I hope.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did, straight from the Autoart web site above. They're in stock, as of last week. Don't know about the silver version, PS, or the Sport 1000 though. Super fast shipping with beautiful packing, BTW.

Autoart accepted no comromises with this model. The engine is of perfectly cast and painted zinc. The foot pegs fold, and the chain revolves with the wheels. The kick stand has a real coil spring, so small that the coils are difficult to see. Wow! I'm really impressed with this offering.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very Cool! Now, if they only sold tiny Rizoma bar end mirrors...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I did, straight from the Autoart web site above. They're in stock, as of last week. Don't know about the silver version, PS, or the Sport 1000 though. Super fast shipping with beautiful packing, BTW.

Autoart accepted no comromises with this model. The engine is of perfectly cast and painted zinc. The foot pegs fold, and the chain revolves with the wheels. The kick stand has a real coil spring, so small that the coils are difficult to see. Wow! I'm really impressed with this offering.
I was going to try to get the yellow S1K but I already have the real thing so will get a PS when they are in stock.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You would have to get rid of those bloody lollipop mirrors and then....gawd here we go again......

Sorry....I just reckon those mirrors look wrong.....they spoil the look of the whole bike....and it's so easy to fix.

ok....back to the cave

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I'd spend the money on beer and drink it in my garage…

Models only catch dust… except they are long-legged and blonde

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/1521?antiCache=1251852588039AB2B2B664AC7C8C525B5DE5CDDF9A247

This is an absolutely amazing model! Every detail is present with perfect fidelity. Paint color and logos? Perfect. The shocks and fork sliders work. The steel spokes and chromed rims mate with perfect replicas of Michelin Pilot Classic tires, which feel slighty soft to the touch. Even the brake discs have that slightly burnished stainless steel look. The instrument cluster has chromed bezels, with black faces. Even the LCD windows are present and in the proper gray color. Included is a paddock stand for display.

I looked and looked, and had only one "A-ha!" moment. The ignition key is silver instead of black. (Now THAT'S a big deal!)

I may sell the full scale GT. This looks safer, and insurance and maintenance costs should be lower. I hope.
That is amazing! But just viewing the "enlarged" photos (about 3" x 1-1/2") I couldn't see the detail you describe. Did you actually see\handle one? Maybe it's a browser setting??

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That is amazing! But just viewing the "enlarged" photos (about 3" x 1-1/2") I couldn't see the detail you describe. Did you actually see\handle one? Maybe it's a browser setting??
The model arrived yesterday. I just discovered that the foot pegs fold. When you touch your finger to the spot on the seat where your 1/12 scale butt would sit, you find that it's soft! Fantastic work.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The model arrived yesterday. I just discovered that the foot pegs fold. When you touch your finger to the spot on the seat where your 1/12 scale butt would sit, you find that it's soft! Fantastic work.
That's the coolest!! I already asked my wife to put it on my anniversary\Christmas gift list, but I don't know if I can wait!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow! Very nice models indeed. Anyone out there purchased a yellow sport 1000? The models are 1:12 scale so what does that equate to in cm or inches? (i.e. what is the length and height of the model bike).

If you have time / could be bothered, please post some pics of the models - those sites don't really show the model in all its glory.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Autoart GT1000 model measures at about 7" x 3 3/8", without the mirrors, which bring the height to about 4". It's just large enough to really be able to see the detail, and it's perfect for my computer desk.

Wish I had a camera capable of good close work, but don't. This model is really magnificent, and looks all in the world like the real thing! This really is art.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Wow! Very nice models indeed. Anyone out there purchased a yellow sport 1000? The models are 1:12 scale so what does that equate to in cm or inches? (i.e. what is the length and height of the model bike)...
Martin - I was curious too and found out 1:12 means 1 inch for every foot. So since our bikes are about 7 ft. long, 7" would be right on.

I think it'd be awesome to vroom vroom around the house with like my 10 y/o any day I thought it was too crappy to ride. :D

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
It doesn't matter if you are talking inches or feet...scale is just that...scale. You can put in fractions of a mile and you will still get the same measurement.

I can't wait for them to get past the "coming soon" for the PS1000LE. One of those would look awfully keen on my desk. And it would perhaps promote some talk in my office about things other than work.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
The PS1000LE, as well as the Sport 1000 in either yellow or red are available for preorder now in the U.S. (Available in Asia now). They said it should ship by end of February. As per the request on the Ducati PS1000LE group on Facebook, I have inquired about a group buy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts