Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone purchased an Austin Racing GP2 exhaust for their SF from a US based supplier? interested to see if there is a pricing difference.

also if so how do you like it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got mine for about 1300 shipped from the US. I love it but it’s pretty loud, used to have the term I slip-on

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine for about 1300 shipped from the US. I love it but it’s pretty loud, used to have the term I slip-on
Thank you! if you dont mind me asking who did you purchase it from here in the US? havent been able to find a US supplier only UK.

also do you have the GP2 or the GP2R? I heard the GP2R is loud but havent heard that about the GP2 200mm canister.

thank you!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I had akra slip-on and after a light rear-end they got damaged and I bought a gp2.

I have both dB killers in (the carrot at the end and the disc/washer reducer before the can, and it's similar in dB to the akras without dB killers.

It is way too loud and sound like crap without dB killers in my opinion.

The tone was way better with the akras, more deep bass rumble, but the gp2 win on look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just pulled the trigger on the GP2 exhaust for my 848 in full ti. wondering now how did you guys deal with the flapper valve? did you just remove it or did you have to get some extra pipe to replace that piece all together. Also keep hearing its super loud but when i saw a comparison video done a while ago between the termi system and the GP2, the AR slip on just seemed like a deeper tone. Any thoughts??

Thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The new pipe work replaces the exhaust valve section also,I’ve removed the whole system totally from the bike and have it switched off in the ECU so no engine light worries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts