Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a meet up at the Oasis close to Austin. I would like to put something together to include a meet and possibly a ride through some hill country. If I can get enough interest I will put something together. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Great idea - sounds like El Nino is a bust, so we may as well take advantage of a mild, dry winter. At this rate we may be able to ride the lake bottom! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'd meet yall in the Hill country, im coming out from NM, so Austin is 2 hours past say Kerrville for me.

Set up a timeframe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in for a meet up. Pick a day.

Edit- You tried Soleil? I have not, but reviews are pretty good. It must be better than Oasis. How about 1/12/13 if it's over 50F?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
Depending on my work schedule (changing jobs shortly) I could be convinced to take the redhead out for some air.

All depending on weather of course. :eek:
Where my baby is concerned I'm pretty much a fair weather rider. I can't handle cold weather and I HATE all of the road grime from rainy rides.

Yup. I'm a wimp. So?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm fair weather too. It's gotta be bone dry before I get the bike out. I was trying to sound tough when I said 50 degrees; I'd prefer 70's. In January? Who knows.

How about a lake loop?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yeah, that'd make a nice loop.

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
I like how you avoided Lime Creek Road. It used to be an awesome road but these days there are simply too many idiots pushing way too hard out there. I avoid it like the plague these days.

If anyone wants to see a larger version of the map just click this link to open it full size. I THINK I got it right. OP, please correct it if I missed something:

http://goo.gl/maps/4fl9a

·
Registered
362 Posts
I like how you avoided Lime Creek Road. It used to be an awesome road but these days there are simply too many idiots pushing way too hard out there. I avoid it like the plague these days.

If anyone wants to see a larger version of the map just click this link to open it full size. I THINK I got it right. OP, please correct it if I missed something:

6550 Comanche Trail, Austin, TX 78732 to 6550 Comanche Trail, Austin, TX 78732 - Google Maps
I agree with you on Lime Creek, I used to ride out there at lunch and such, but its just over run with sea life now, and with all the development out that way, it just generally sucks.

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
I agree with you on Lime Creek, I used to ride out there at lunch and such, but its just over run with sea life now, and with all the development out that way, it just generally sucks.
Sea life? HAHAHAHAH!!! I hadn't heard that one before.

I've had a few of the squidly ones try and take me out on that road. Never again.

Still need to go ride park road 4 though. Supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bypassing Lime Creek wasn't intentional. I was just drawing a big loop. I haven't ridden Lime Creek in many years. Sorry to hear it's not so fun anymore. I remember it could be treacherous, but that was self-induced. I suspect a lot of lake roads are different than when I last rode them. I can't count the number of times I rode 2769 when I worked in Volente.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am new to this forum and Ducati. I bought a '04 MTS 1000DS for a Christmas present to myself. I currently ride a 2007 BMW K1200GT. My MTS should be delivered the week of 1/14. I would be interested in rides and meeting other Duc riders.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts