Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe like many other for the live sports channels available on Austar/Foxtel that shows Moto GP & Superbikes.

This weekend is a special one where Moto GP is at Assen, and it is not being broadcast live to us, unless you subscribe to FUEL TV.

This is an additional package per month and I feel ripped off that I subscribe to the main FOX sports channels specifically to watch Moto GP & for the the first time the c**ts put it on a channel that very few would pay extra for within the scope they give you.

Yes it will be replayed tomorrow morning, but the highlights are crap compared to the original versions.

I am very angry about this, and we need to complain to the source to change things,

Craig

·
Registered
733 Posts
I understand what you are saying. But I have grown to hate free to air and the ads so much that I have the whole package. I only knew the MotoGP race was on that channel as I caught an ad for it earlier in the week. Not in the TV guide (or AMCN) either.

The chit-chat before the race on FuelTV without having to suffer David Murdock was a welcome change. He needs to learn to stop talking. They also showed a short test ride of one of next year's MotoGP2 bikes.

It was a bit tricky a couple of weeks ago with both MotoGP and WSBK on the same weekend. One was on Fox and the other on FuelTV.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,

What I'm angry about is they keep spreading their sports programs over more channels, for example we had to pay more when they introduced FOX3, but it was only $2.00 which is great, but Fuel tv is in a different catergory that you can't get by itself, you have to get another catergory which costs another $15 per month.
I also wouldn't have minded putting up with the normal crap from David Murdock, if we had been able to see the after race interviews and extended commentary that was missing in this mornings 180mins coverage of 125, 250 & MotoGP.

Any way RANT OVER

Craig

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Hi Dave,

What I'm angry about is they keep spreading their sports programs over more channels, for example we had to pay more when they introduced FOX3, but it was only $2.00 which is great, but Fuel tv is in a different catergory that you can't get by itself, you have to get another catergory which costs another $15 per month.
I also wouldn't have minded putting up with the normal crap from David Murdock, if we had been able to see the after race interviews and extended commentary that was missing in this mornings 180mins coverage of 125, 250 & MotoGP.

Any way RANT OVER

Craig
A couple of weeks ago, they did this to us on Foxtel, I cannot remember whether it was Motogp on Sports 1-3 and WSBK on Fuel, (it doesn't matter which order I guess), which we did not have either! I rang up Foxtel and ranted at them on the night and they managed a swap for us there and then. We lost UKTV, which we don't watch and gained FuelTV and it didn't cost us any more.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 748 girl,

I don't know whether I could go off at a call centre person & be all contrived and stuff, like a woman can, cause you women have a special talent for that stuff and all.

But I will give it a go, & get all tough and nasty, & see where it gets me, probably crying in the dark, & financially worse off! Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Thanks 748 girl,

I don't know whether I could go off at a call centre person & be all contrived and stuff, like a woman can, cause you women have a special talent for that stuff and all.

But I will give it a go, & get all tough and nasty, & see where it gets me, probably crying in the dark, & financially worse off! Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig
:eek::eek: :D

It was a sprint for the phone in our house that night, husband actually got off the couch and I knew what that meant! So I said sweetly "let me do that" cos you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Mind you, I was lucky getting a guy on the other end of the phone, if it had been a girl, I probably would have handed the phone over to himself!

I am now officially a grumpy old woman and if I don't get what I want, when I think I am entitled to it, I usually make the phone call, write the letter or do something and I have to say it tends to work out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts