Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know you Aussies are the only ones up right now, so this is for you.

On St. Patrick's Day, St. Mary's College of Moraga, CA. beat my alma mater Washington State University in the first round of the National Invitational Tournament (NIT). I knew my Cougs would have their hands full because the Gaels had something to prove after not getting invited to the NCAA post season basketball tournament.

The basketball game pitted two Aussies against each other: Aaron Baines of WSU vs. Patrick Mills of St. Mary's. As I watched the game, I thought, "what are the chances of that?"

After the game was over, Baines and Mills spent a few minutes hugging and slapping each other. You could tell that each one appreciated how special the moment was.

I will be rooting for St. Mary's to win the NIT, as they truly deserved to be in the NCAA tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGZbgjHTgGk

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
We are a friendly bunch and often like to hug each other, especially after a few drinks.:D

Now that I have taken the proverbial, it would be un-Australian not to....

Seriously, I hope that you are granted your wish and that St Mary's prevail.

We are currently breeding a very tall generation of individuals so maybe there will be more Australians playing basketball in the USA in the future. I used to be tall, I still am six foot, but frequently as we doing our 5km walk in the afternoons I find that I am overtaken by younger girls much taller than me.:eek: Must be something in the water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts