Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Audi has officially announced it has acquired Ducati Motor Holding from Investindustrial. Terms of the deal were not announced, though they should be made available April 19 at the annual stockholders meeting for Audi’s parent company, the Volkswagen Group. Previous reports have the price pegged at 860 million euros (US$1.1 billion).

“Ducati is known worldwide as a premium brand among motorcycle manufacturers and has a long tradition of building sporty motorcycles,” says Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board of management of Audi. “It has great expertise in high-performance engines and lightweight construction, and is one of the world’s most profitable motorcycle manufacturers. That makes Ducati an excellent fit for Audi.”

Audi says it will benefit from Ducati’s knowledge of lightweight construction and “the progressive control systems and special combustion chamber process of Ducati engines”.

The transaction still has to get authorization from government authorities.

More: Audi Officially Announces Ducati Purchase on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe they will have Audi fix the GP team and start winning races like their Endurance Racing team (See free movie The Truth in 24).

Might also help with the reliability of these things hehe.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Watchout, CAlexio will be around in a moment to chastise another thread on this. LoL!

Have a good one.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Does this mean our motorcycles have become a collectors items in just one day?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wish them well & hope everything works out for the best, but if I wanted to buy a bike from a German-owned company, I'd buy a BMW.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does this mean that Ducati will be dumbed down to the VW Corp. culture? I know some Porsche people in sales and dealer network/financing and they do not like the overbearing influence of VW.

We shall see.

Cheers mates. Safe riding.

Yours very truly from the owner of:

2004 Audi ST4s ABS (collector's item, single wheel drive and no Quattro ... except for the valve train)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wish them well & hope everything works out for the best, but if I wanted to buy a bike from a German-owned company, I'd buy a BMW.
VW has taken lambo ahead and I would not call them a german car

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
If he won't, I will. Merge the damned threads. Again.

Really? Oh, you mean like this?

Lamborghini Urus Concept First Look - Motor Trend

Yeah, that's got 'Italian' and 'Lamborghini' written all over it. Nice badge engineering. :rolleyes:
Got to say that I agree....darn thing looks like a cayenne/touareg ... obvious they handed the project to a German designer and not to farina.

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Interestingly (or maybe not) I got an invitation from my local Ducati shop to come to the official presentation of the new Panigale locally. Guess where it was being held? At the local Audi dealership...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Audi says it will benefit from Ducati’s knowledge of lightweight construction and “the progressive control systems and special combustion chamber process of Ducati engines”.
Haaaa....

Maybe we can hope that Ducati will benefit from some access to engineers that hopefully know better than to use gas tank materials that react poorly with gasoline.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
from here on out there won't be any true Ducatis :eek:
Ducati's been owned by a government and a investment group. I don't think being owned by a car company means any reduction in legitimacy. That's provided Audi keeps their hands off and mouths shut, and just lets Ducati do its thing. Car thinking and motorcycle thinking are two different worlds and ways of thought. I do find it a bit short sighted that the prior owner's would just jump ship to the highest bidder, on an upswing. But that's the World now, isn't it. No belief in anything but a signed check. Hopefully the new owners have a little more respect.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Over the years Ducati has had a level of cooperation with Ferrari, to what extent and how much is unknown to me. Lets say they have contributed much and maybe it was more unofficial based on friendships and national pride. It would make an interesting read wouldn't it? Now I wonder how this relationship will change and there is a good chance it will if Audi competes with Ferrari at any level on the race track.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts