Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black 2008 biposto was stolen last night from my garage in bondi. Black mag wheels, black tank w dark grey stripe, stainless termis, gold accent pieces on engine.

please keep your eyes out.

thanks guys.

absolutely beside myself, sick to my stomach.
lee

6,048 Posts
Dam!!!

Have you Posted up on FB DRIP and SCRAP?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/541458035935544/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/352040245003382/
and https://www.facebook.com/groups/28326786752/
and please post pics

My black 2008 biposto was stolen last night from my garage in bondi. Black mag wheels, black tank w dark grey stripe, stainless termis, gold accent pieces on engine.

thanks guys.

lee

·
Registered
869 Posts

thanks guys.

lee
Beautiful bike. Good luck in getting her back. I hope you catch the person/s that took it and they get what is coming to them!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
A quick google search shows 10 M/C wrecking yards in the Sydney area, be sure to notify all and provide pics for the accessories. The coppers won't find it for you, but will take an official report of the theft. It's unlikely the bastards will be riding it, but carry your key anyway...

Of course, watch flea-bay. How depressing. Document all for your insurance, they're just a different type of thief. Grrrr, just hearing this makes me want to grab a club. I lost a bike to theft once, not anywhere near as nice as yours. Cops wanted me to pay towing on the frame they found after it was stripped and dumped.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Might be a good time to resurrect an old thread for increasing valued SCs (or if you're like me, I've put quite a bit of $ on improvements):

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/418393-thief-protection-u-lock-chain-our-sc.html

Some time ago, I took to looking into how to make it harder to steal a bike and my conclusion was that you can only make it harder and that if thief really wants it, they (plural) will take it by lifting it up into van or truck even if disk locked. I know for a fact that thieves will break into a home garage and take bikes too.

Hence my post #5 where I post a thief's take on what they look for and my purchase of a 15lb boron link chain for those times where I park in high visibility areas/ for prolonged periods of time. I hope to convince them the effort is higher than compared to others that might be around. Frankly, I'm the only one in my work garage who uses disk locks. Just takes a strong guy to push any of the other nice bikes. Let alone how easy it would be to just steal valuable farkles we stick on our bikes (ex. Rizoma mirrors, even exhaust cans)....can't do anything about that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always park a car in the driveway as close to the garage door as possible (literally inches) to make it nearly impossible to roll or carry the bike out. Like it has previously been mentioned, if a thief really wants it, they are probably going to get it, but you can damn well make it hard as shit to do so.

I've had 2 motorcycles stolen in my life:

-one out in a friends yard in the open as we were out. The thief wired it and literally drove it away.
-the other stolen at college in a parking lot across from the police station with a large case hardened steel chain wrapped around a concrete beam. They ended up blow torching the chain.

Thiefs are pretty brazen and it really doesn't matter the type of neighborhood that you are in or where you are at.

Good luck to the mate whose got stolen in Australia.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no luck... nothing. the police officer in charge of the case STILL has NOT come by to check things out and get a formal run down of the event. bullshit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
no luck... nothing. the police officer in charge of the case STILL has NOT come by to check things out and get a formal run down of the event. bullshit.
Yeah.. police in Australia seem to have thefts of motorcycles low on their agenda. Last time I heard of a friend who had one stolen, the police eventually came to collect the details, and then said "let us know if you find it."

But I do know the Police are under-resourced here, particularly in Queensland.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts