Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this to see if there is any interest in a MIDWEST meetup.

I can't think of any rides in the Midwest that would compare to a run at Deals but maybe we could rent out Bluegrass and do some rides in W. Kentucky???

When adding your name, please copy this whole posting, paste to a new post, and then add your name to the bottom, so we continually have an updated list. Do Not just "quote" this list or it won't work. If you also add where you're coming from, it can help coordinate groups who might want to trailer together.
thanks!

ATTENDEE FOR EAST DUCATI.MS MEETUP:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Attendee For Midwest Ducati.ms Meetup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am posting this to see if there is any interest in a MIDWEST meetup.

I can't think of any rides in the Midwest that would compare to a run at Deals but maybe we could rent out Bluegrass and do some rides in W. Kentucky???

When adding your name, please copy this whole posting, paste to a new post, and then add your name to the bottom, so we continually have an updated list. Do Not just "quote" this list or it won't work. If you also add where you're coming from, it can help coordinate groups who might want to trailer together.
thanks!

Rob Menendez St Louis (Deals Gap!)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Midwest - Ducati.ms Meetup

thanks!

Options:
1) East is doing Deals Gap - so we just go there
2) Rent a track and do area rides:
Road America - Milwaukee area rides w/ Harley Museum? Summerfest timing?​
Michigan track - lake rides?​
Bluegrass track - Kentucky rides - Derby timing?​
Nashville track - Natchez Trace ride?​
Memphis track? - Blues/BBQ - river rides?​
3)?
4)?

ATTENDEE FOR Midwest DUCATI.MS MEETUP:[/QUOTE]

-Revelstoker - Evansville, IN

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd be up for it. I'm near Detroit, and my free time is limited, so my preference would be a Grattan/Gingerman trackday, but I've been wanting to do Putnam/Bluegrass/Mid-Ohio also, and could certainly be persuaded.

While I've never done it, I've heard there is some good backroads riding in southern Indiana - You'll probably have an opinion on that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Harley Museum?

I have no interest in seeing that. lol If its involving a trackday I'll have to trailer 2 bikes. Im down for anything but Harleys, assless chaps and fringe.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Road America is a blast to ride (race or track day)....it would be cool to get a bunch of Duc's out there! Last track day cost me $1500! Spun a connecting rod bearing going into turn 12! It was still fun though!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Maybe he meant 150 dollars...For 1500 dollars on a track day that better come with as Desmosedici rental. :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
How about meeting in Arkansas? Northern AR is gorgeous with lots of twisty roads.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Oh yeah, pass the coffee please...:cool:

You know, there is always the Indy MotoGP race as well. Can meet up a few days beforehand or something...

I actually want to go to Deal's Gap because I've always wanted to ride there. If that comes to pass maybe some of us can carpool too. I'm not sure yet on the details...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Arkansas has great roads. So do the Rockies. In Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico. But you'd have to wait till late June to be sure they were all open.

And don't overlook the Mt Rushmore area of South Dakota.

ape

1 - 13 of 13 Posts