Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got around to hooking up diag equip to my 916. I'm using TDW's 1.6M ECU software. For some reason my atmospheric sensor is reading way low - I'm around 3500 feet but the mmhg reading would be around 6,000 (600, when my weather station says it should be around 780 locally).

I had a spare sensor that I swapped in to test, it gives identical readings. Disconnecting defaults to a 700 mmhg reading. Sucking on the sensor (hehe) does produce a change in reading so they appear to be functioning fine.

Is it just TDW's software reading the signal wrong or is there something amiss?

·
Registered
367 Posts
The conversion could be wrong. The formula listed in the (translated) manual I think TDW was working from is hex value * 3. So if that's not accurate for the sensor, then the value reported in TDW's program will not be correct. There were several inaccurate formulas in that manual as I recall, so that could be all it is.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make sense. Looking at the manual reveals a max of 750 mmhg which wouldn't make any sense, that's way above sea level. It would be nice to know exactly what the pressure reading is; the trim value in the EPROM seems to be based on millibars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts