Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this is worth posting in the Hyper section but you guys can relate.

So I have my hyper and I don't have a lot of bills and want to get two bikes before I get tied down or any of that BS ya know.

Anyways I have my eyes set on the 2nd bike being a Streetfighter. There's a used one 9k miles (non-S model) for 12,700 and I got them down 200 bucks. That's the price after shipping and dealer-check up and stuff... Shipping is one thing and they say they have a great shipper but what they're charging for basically a 'used'-set-up fee seems steep. I feel like they should be making money on the bike before they charge that stuff.

I don't need another bike right now but I'd love to have one and this one looks great and seems like a good deal if they can drop the price a little bit more. Do you think it's a good deal?

I don't really care that it isn't an SF-S, those extra add-ons won't really make a difference for my riding level/ability at this point.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Not sure if you posted in the right section.

If your real question is price related, then the SF section would be more apropriate.
If your question is about the SF being a good 2nd bike next to the Hyper, I would think a Multi 1200 would be a better choice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if you posted in the right section.

If your real question is price related, then the SF section would be more apropriate.
If your question is about the SF being a good 2nd bike next to the Hyper, I would think a Multi 1200 would be a better choice.
Yea my question is mainly about price. Definitely not looking for a Multi, thanks for the opinion though. A streetfighter is what I want :D. The hyper is easy enough to ride and I'm pretty confident on it now being my first bike, even though I already downed it lol. I'm looking for something aggressive with a crap load of balls so I never really have any desire to get anything faster. I'll post in the SF section too but just wanted to get a gauge from hyper members if they had any opinion.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh screw the bike I'm looking at, I'll wait til I find a used SF(S) that I like. I'd delete this post if I knew how :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had for a while a streetfighter picture on my desktop, I was dreaming of having it as a second bike.... Until I rode one sfs, too stiff, too crazy, too hard, too loud ( open clutch and termis ) and too $$$$, now there is the sf 848 which would suit me more but I had already bought something very similar to the sf and more exclusive but less crazy.... Benelli 1130 cafe racer, the combination of both is nice but not necessary, I still prefer the HM for most rides..... So Better take an sf for a longer ride to have a better idea what u are getting into...
Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had for a while a streetfighter picture on my desktop, I was dreaming of having it as a second bike.... Until I rode one sfs, too stiff, too crazy, too hard, too loud ( open clutch and termis ) and too $$$$, now there is the sf 848 which would suit me more but I had already bought something very similar to the sf and more exclusive but less crazy.... Benelli 1130 cafe racer, the combination of both is nice but not necessary, I still prefer the HM for most rides..... So Better take an sf for a longer ride to have a better idea what u are getting into...
Good luck.
Don't get me wrong, I loooove my hyper. I feel like there was no better choice of a bike to start out on and I love how easy it's become to ride. I've even got some Mods lined up that I'll post a thread about hopefully sooner then later.

I got the chance to take a SF848 for a test spin and I couldn't hold back the smile that immediately came over my face (no homo) as I left the dealership on it. I liked the SF848 a lot, but then I thought, why not get one with a bigger motor? Sure the SF848 seemed quite a bit faster then my hyper and I was nervous about pushing it hard because it was just a test ride and I'd never ridden a bike like that before but the more I think about it I'd rather have a bike with a big F'ing motor to grow into. The sensible side of me thinks, "oh you'll never need a bike that fast" and then there's the other side...

Motors, boobs and bank accounts, the bigger ones are always more fun.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Having ridden a lot of high powered liter bikes, the sf848 just didn't do it for me. Even though the 1100 hyper doesn't have much Hp, it does have loads of low down torque to make up for it, the 848 hasn't. The sf1098 on the other hand is a whole different animal, it's a beast and I wouldn't mind owning one at all, if I had the money :D

But I see you have a 796? If so, the 848 might be a good step up bike. However, with the 1098 you don't have to worry that the power will become boring.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well ifu have the money and want a bike that will give you a boner while at the same time demand respect, like a dominatrix mistress.... This is it! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm right there with you I keep going back and forth about getting rid of my CBR600RR and getting a SF. Don't really need much more than the 848 but figure I'll end up wanting a 1098 eventually, so why not. That price seems a bit high for what I'd pay, I want to stay closer to the 11k range. I'd try for lower. I'm just waiting out the right miles and price for me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have a hyper 1100 and my brother has a 1098sf. Were going riding tomorrow up in the mountains and we will probably trade bikes back and forth so i can compare. I rode his sf awhile back and the motor is insanely powerful. I still prefer the torquey 1100 though. Its more fun on the street IMO, and i just put a14 tooth front sprocket on so it feels even more perky(so did he though)...

Not sure if a sf is a good second bike to the hyper? Theyre kind of similar and how do u choose which one to ride? If i got a second bike it would be an enduro or something for sport touring(multistrada for sure) Not another similar bike?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts