Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Direct me, please, to some good sources of information and parts for Wards Riverside 250s. No pics at this time as it would just look like a pile of stuff, plastic totes, and milk crates. 85% complete, I'd guess. FAR too cheap to not pick it up. It could/may, someday, look something like this:

·
Official Retired Person
7,131 Posts
Those were made by Bennelli in Italy. My Aermacchi / H-D Sprint has a lot of the same parts. I was able to find non-brand specific parts (bearings, switches, ignition points, etc.) for the Aermacchi without too much trouble. Here's a short list of sites you might find helpful.

Guzzino. com Falcone Moto Guzzi Ducati bevel drive Dellorto SS1 SSI VHB PHF PHM ub Brembo motorcycles parts single Tommaselli CEV Aprilia PHF PHM vintage race MotoGuzzino decals stickers motorcycle old racing Tarozzi Italy Italian manuals fuel line A

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

Motomacchi.com

Motocicli Veloci

Classic and Vintage Motorcycles - VintageBike.co.uk

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I had the 125. It was a great beginner bike, very low powered, but reliable. I was under the impression that the 250 models were made by Gilera. Just Google them, you’ll probably be surprised at how much information comes up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You didn't happen to pick these up from an older gentlemen near Stow, did you? I have a friend who had a few of these in his basement he had planned to restore. Just curious!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those were made by Bennelli in Italy. My Aermacchi / H-D Sprint has a lot of the same parts. I was able to find non-brand specific parts (bearings, switches, ignition points, etc.) for the Aermacchi without too much trouble. Here's a short list of sites you might find helpful.

Guzzino. com Falcone Moto Guzzi Ducati bevel drive Dellorto SS1 SSI VHB PHF PHM ub Brembo motorcycles parts single Tommaselli CEV Aprilia PHF PHM vintage race MotoGuzzino decals stickers motorcycle old racing Tarozzi Italy Italian manuals fuel line A

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

Motomacchi.com

Motocicli Veloci

Classic and Vintage Motorcycles - VintageBike.co.uk
Yep, I knew these were made by Benelli. Thanks for the links.

I had the 125. It was a great beginner bike, very low powered, but reliable. I was under the impression that the 250 models were made by Gilera. Just Google them, you’ll probably be surprised at how much information comes up.
Gilera built some bikes for Sears, I know. Not sure if they supplied other stores. Not nearly as much (easily) found as I had hoped. Early days and I have found more today at lunch.

You didn't happen to pick these up from an older gentlemen near Stow, did you? I have a friend who had a few of these in his basement he had planned to restore. Just curious!
Younger (40's?) guy in Chesterland.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weather's nice so I thought I'd bolt some things up and wheel it outside to see what's what. I have some (NOS) things coming from eBay sellers. Still hunting for new cylinder head studs since three of five were broken. And, still looking for info/parts sources.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FINALLY got the damned oil fill cap out. Goddamn people and their 4' cheater bars. Two specially-made tools and still it require a 15" Crescent wrench and more than a little ass behind it. But, I got it out, unharmed.

Cylinder head studs, or, what I hope will work for the purpose, are mocked up. After some other measurements, mocking, etc, I'll try torquing them (with mental fingers crossed).

Wiring harness, fork stanchions, sight glass all arrived and look great.

Broken oil filter stud needs removed, still. That might be the next thing to tackle while I continue to look for a place to strip the frame and swingarm paint.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it certainly has had a rough existence. At least later in life. If I did have eleventyseven things going on at once, it would be pretty easy. I think. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I’ve always got too much going on too. I am patient, I put a parts list together, and start acquiring parts when I can find them. When I’ve got enough to make some progress, I start working on it a little. I don’t like to have to keep pausing for the mail to come.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Daughter sick. Week later, son sick. Week later wife sick (and off to hospital for 2+ days). Week later I'm sick. So, not much progress on ANY projects for long spell until yesterday.

Clutch release bits worn. Really worn. What to do? Weld shut, drill out? Nah, nicer.

Machined mount out for oiled bronze bushings. Same with lever. Made a new pin. This one is of case-hardened Thomson shaft and held with E-clips instead of just staked in place. Just need to shim the lever side to side to get the adjuster centered over the pushrod and a longer adjuster. Zero play in the pin/bushings.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A bit overpriced, in my estimation. But, it's complete. I used to live about 25 minutes from Xenia. Now, 3+ hours. I'd like to go look at it but, I don't need another (ANOTHER!) project.

Currently milling a new oil filter cover (it'll be fancy AND schmancy) and dismantling the fork.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The filter cover is ready for use (I won't say 'finished'). I went to the ridiculous extremes because A) there were none on eBay nice enough to pay what was wanted (none at all currently) and B) because I could.

Started like this

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts