Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2006 S2R 800 and want to get a full arrow exhaust system. I am curious to know if anyone had to do further tuning to make it run right. I hear the power commander only allows tuning above 5000 rpm, which I think is silly. Also, an ecu reflash might be the best option, but I don't know where to get that done. Would the bike need a power commander or would it run ok without?

I live in an area where my nearest dealer is 800 km away, so I'll have to do the work myself.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
I put the full arrow system on my s2r1k and had no issues getting it right BUT I did add the 02 manipulator to the bike to richen things up.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I have the full Arrows and TPO Beast intake on my S2R1000. Had the ECU reflashed to those specs by Houston Superbikes then had the dealer do the TB's and set the CO. Runs great, pulls smooth from low RPM, no popping on decel....and the sound is Amazing!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
+1. Reflashed the ECU when adding Arrow 2:1 on the Paul Smart. Did not need to do anything on the Mutley 620. FatDuc will help but will be lacking somewhat. Reflashing is readily available and fairly inexpensive.

I have, unfortunately, tried many exhausts on various Ducs and will always use Arrow if available. Great quality.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Pretty much same here as the other replies. I have the Arrow full system on my S2R1000. I used the Fatduck for a long time with good results and then went with a Houston Superbikes reflashed DP ECU. The DP ECU ran fantastic and added a lot of power on the top end. But after only a few hundred miles that ECU died. I'm now back to the stock ECU with the Fatduck and I am perfectly happy with it. The DP ECU was better but not enough so to make me buy a second one.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Another S2R1000 with Arrow full system checking in, with more of the same info. I have the FatDuc, and it runs great. The FatDuc really helps the very slight lag in throttle response when just opening the throttle from fully closed. It's basically a seamless transition from closed to open now. I'd recommend this mod even for a bike with stock exhaust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The S2R 800 isn't listed on the fatduc website as being compatible. Do you guys think I can use one from the s2r 1000?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Whoa. I just assumed the 800 used the same closed loop system as the 1000. I really don't know if it does or not.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Does the 800 have an O2 sensor? If not, the FatDuc definitely isn't an option for you.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
And if no O2 sensor consider yourself lucky. Then you can tune with a Power Commander and get much better results.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it has the O2 sensor. That's what's been giving me all this grief. So I reckon the best idea would be getting the arrows, putting them on and getting the fatduc for the 1000 S2r. I'm pretty sure they use the same closed loop system. See how it goes with that before shelling out heaps of cash for a power commander

Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
With the O2 sensor, Fatduc for sure. A power commander won't help the closed loop system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts