Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I'm leaning towards the Arrow system with the dark cans to go with my white Multi. Does the 3/4 setup eliminate the cat? I am correct that the Arrow system does not have a stop for the center stand on it? Will an after market stand such as the SW Motech work with the Arrows?

Thanks,

Bill

·
El lobo solitario
103 Posts
Yes, you are correct, the Arrow does not have a stop. Not sure if the SW Motech center stand would fit and I have wondered that myself but never bothered to check.

Though I haven't done it, a stop should be easy to fabricate and adapt to an Arrow system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
...and yes - the arrow system eliminates the cat (which is very heavy and very ugly....)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and yes - the arrow system eliminates the cat (which is very heavy and very ugly....)
Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case. Is there an update fuel map that is installed?

Be Safe,

Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
No special ECU update required - that is actually one of the reasons I picked it. Mine runs great just using stock ECU. Just make sure your bike has the normal Ducati manufacturer ECU updates.

Here's a pic of mine installed - looks much nicer without the cat....

·
Registered
407 Posts
No special ECU update required - that is actually one of the reasons I picked it. Mine runs great just using stock ECU. Just make sure your bike has the normal Ducati manufacturer ECU updates.

Here's a pic of mine installed - looks much nicer without the cat....
Very stealthy :confused:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Arrow

Is your can support piece metal or carbon? How sturdy?

I wish Arrow would include a center stand support. I called and their reply was, it's something they will not be adding. I know it's 'easy' to add one yourself, but it would be nice if it was part of the exhaust.

I may go the arrow route also. i'm not to crazy about the silencer bracket, but it looks ok provided it's sturdy.

thanks,

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mivv

I was also contemplating on the arrow system, but in the end I chose the Mivv de cat exhaust as it does have the stopper for the centre stand.

Am currently running the Mivv with the termi stubby, which looks fantastic, but is very loud. Perhaps the arrows end can will be a solution:confused::D

Ps changing the exhaust has made a huge difference to the roughness at low rpm (standard ecu) .

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm also looking for an end can that will allow me to run the MiVV decat pipe without the BR Baffle and quieten things down a bit without restricting things too much.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops - looks like the attachment didn't work the first time....
That was my next question... How loud is the Arrow setup? Don't want it too loud.

Be Safe,

Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
To answer a few of the prior questions:

1) The bracket is metal - seems very sturdy. Wish it was more of a satin black color (vs. flat black), but i guess you could paint or powercoat if you dont like the color. My only complaint with the arrow is that it naturally wants to sit very close to the rear tire (like 0.5 inches). Apparently it is designed that way (I did a lot of research). To help address, I bent the bracket outwards a bit before attaching the can, which helps a little. The can is still close to the tire, but the ducati service guy said it was fine, and is the same on the Termi, etc.

2) Is is loud? Guess it depends on your definition of loud. I left the baffle in, and it is louder than stock, but was the sound and performance i was looking for. I haven't tried it with the baffle out, but its obviously much louder that way. So if you're looking for stock sound levels, this isn't it - then again its hard to get the 'open' performance without increasing volumes a bit. However, it's really not obnoxious, and at lower rpms not that noticeable.

3) Center stand - not an issue for me since the PP doesnt have one, and i'm not plannign to install one. But from what i understand, there is an easy solution.

Overall i'm very happpy with the arrow - really smooths out and opens up the power, with that nice 'ducati sound'.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the ARROW Dark and a SW Motech main stand
The Arrow doesnt have a main stand stopper - but i made one very easily out of a piece of flat bar and an 8mm bolt, washers and Nyloc nut
The ARROW requires the removal of exhaust valve cables and these must be replaced with a centrifugal weight on exhaust valve servo to "confuse" ECU
The ARROW with the db killer removed is quite loud - with db killer in it's comfortably acceptable
Yes the ARROW does eliminate the cat conv and it does not require ECU remapping

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
That was my next question... How loud is the Arrow setup? Don't want it too loud.

Be Safe,

Bill
I have the same system you're looking at. I have the DB killer removed and it's pretty loud. My buddy has a Termi system, with DB killer removed and it's quite a bit louder than his. You can keep the DB killer in, the sound level decreases quite a bit, but you're also restricting the exhaust flow a lot as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the same system you're looking at. I have the DB killer removed and it's pretty loud. My buddy has a Termi system, with DB killer removed and it's quite a bit louder than his. You can keep the DB killer in, the sound level decreases quite a bit, but you're also restricting the exhaust flow a lot as well.
Hi Joe
Am very curious to know what your db killer looks like? Does it look something like this, MiVV DECAT BAFFLE DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200 2010 on | Motorcycle Exhausts | Performance Parts , or can you show us a picture?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Arrow doesnt have a main stand stopper - but i made one very easily out of a piece of flat bar and an 8mm bolt, washers and Nyloc nut
The ARROW requires the removal of exhaust valve cables and these must be replaced with a centrifugal weight on exhaust valve servo to "confuse" ECU
The ARROW with the db killer removed is quite loud - with db killer in it's comfortably acceptable
Yes the ARROW does eliminate the cat conv and it does not require ECU remapping
Mivv have a very simple solution to the exhaust valve, with some springs and a small C clamp. I will try and post a picture tomorrow! :D

Alternatively...a clever wizard can deactivate the whole exhaust valve via the ECU.

Exhaust valve....still convinced it's the reason for the roughness at low rpm!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
can you post a picture or two of his homemade stopper you built. Would love to see it.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys for the information. I think I will go with the Arrows. Im sure I can find someone to remedy the center stand issue near me.

Bill

·
Registered
137 Posts
Exhaust valve solution

Here is a solution to the exhaust valve. Mivv supply a spring, similar in feel and dimentions to what you would find in a ball point pen.

to my way of thinking this is too weak....go feel the tension on the exhaust valve if you beg to differ...:)

So I modified it slightly with a packet of 50 springs from fleabay 2.95 and two washers which I cut open with a dremel.

So far it works and I have not had the EX error on the dash. I am sure it will work for the Arrow system too. From what I hear fitting the plate to the servo motor can be a bitch of a job???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts