Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to ducati and just purchased my '09 848. I also just purchased some alluminum Arrow slip on's. I was told that I did not need to get a new ECU...is that true?? Also I was quite disappointed in the sound the exhaust brought...I didn't think it was all that loud. Do any of you know if you can take out the silencers it those or am I stuck with what I bought?? If so how?

Thanks,

Jarod

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Might get a little more help if you put up some pics:) :) ;)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Not sure who you bought the slipons from or which model but I suspect they are the homogolated ones. If so they should run just fine with the stock ECU.

There should be a DB killer in each can that can be easily removed. Then get ready for some LOUDness. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Not sure who you bought the slipons from or which model but I suspect they are the homogolated ones. If so they should run just fine with the stock ECU.

There should be a DB killer in each can that can be easily removed. Then get ready for some LOUDness. :)
Hey not to threadjack, but could the same be said for Akrapovic slipons? I've been drooling over them since I first saw them. The application is the same (2009 848).

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I put the Arrow titanium slip-ons on my 1098 and it runs flawlessly with no other changes required.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can't have a it both ways dude. If he (the seller) said it's one that does not need a new ECU (the homolgated kit), it obviously can't be that much more open or different then stock, therefore it's going to be fairly quiet. If you want a roaring, louder, open type or large diameter exhaust, you obviously have to re map it and get a chip to run right.

I guess you have to ask yourself why you need a new exhaust? If its just for being loud, core out your OEM ones for free....If it's for performance, get a performance exhaust kit and chip it. Bonus.... It'll be loud too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts