Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched the forum and have been reading anything I can find but what I seek is personal experience. I really like the look of it but how has you're experience been with it and what ECM/re-flash/add on is needed if any? The Termi kit looks like a no brainer but is butt ugly IMHO.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put an Arrow set on my 1098SF. Sounded great. Couldn't tell to well about the fueling as it had poor fueling in stock form. I think unless you get rid of the converter it is more for sound and should not affect the fueling. I think......

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I've searched the forum and have been reading anything I can find but what I seek is personal experience. I really like the look of it but how has you're experience been with it and what ECM/re-flash/add on is needed if any? The Termi kit looks like a no brainer but is butt ugly IMHO.

There are a bunch of threads on this but I am running this exact exhaust with fat ducs and love it.

Couple issues are tight clearance with non oem rear tires. Does not have a setup to support the center stand.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There are a bunch of threads on this but I am running this exact exhaust with fat ducs and love it.

Couple issues are tight clearance with non oem rear tires. Does not have a setup to support the center stand.
Have you tried mounting the panniers with the arrow? Any issues?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Fasteddie, did yours come with a heel guard? I've seen some pics with and without, also how loud is it? I'm using FatDuc's now and am happy with the results but what really annoys me is the smell from the CAT (exhaust).

So for the most part its a plug and play set up that doesn't cause any major problems like back firing, if so I'm in. Also in for the luggage clearance question.

·
Registered
665 Posts
if you just doing a slip on I would go with the Quat-d in full carbon. best sounding exhaust on the market.
It's not a slip on, it's a full system. Slip on on a Multi do nothing. It's the cat that's in the way, destroying sound and performance.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does the MIVV with the cat removal pipe still allow use of the center stand??

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Thanks Fasteddie, did yours come with a heel guard? I've seen some pics with and without, also how loud is it? I'm using FatDuc's now and am happy with the results but what really annoys me is the smell from the CAT (exhaust).

So for the most part its a plug and play set up that doesn't cause any major problems like back firing, if so I'm in. Also in for the luggage clearance question.
It did not come with a heel guard but doesn't seem to be a problem. It does back fire a bit if you load the fuel up in low throttle situation like lane splitting when commuting. It is not bad, I hardly notice it but I have higher tolerance than most. I run it without the suppressor and it sounds great. Everyone tells me it's the best sounding multi they have heard.

I have done a couple trips with luggage and it's mostly fine. It does have clearance but I did notice after riding some miles on a bumpy road that the right pannier was hitting and caused some wear marks. It's not constantly touching. Again doesn't bother me but if your a perfectionist might be an issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just fitted the Arrow full system today, fitting was straight forward using a combination of the supplied instruction sheet and the Leo Vinci cat delete thread in this forum, the whole system is nicely made and soooo much lighter than the OEM set up, I took it for a short run and apart from some little burbles when decellerating it would seem my fueling (with FatDucs ) is spot on , bike feels crisp and nimble.

DB killer is currently in and the bike is a little louder than previously, not loud enough for me so the db killer is coming out, but a very nice sound. It's ghreat quality and and a gret price ( I paid $1200 shipped from the Australian distributor for both parts of the exhaust.)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I just fitted the Arrow full system today, fitting was straight forward using a combination of the supplied instruction sheet and the Leo Vinci cat delete thread in this forum, the whole system is nicely made and soooo much lighter than the OEM set up, I took it for a short run and apart from some little burbles when decellerating it would seem my fueling (with FatDucs ) is spot on , bike feels crisp and nimble.

DB killer is currently in and the bike is a little louder than previously, not loud enough for me so the db killer is coming out, but a very nice sound. It's ghreat quality and and a gret price ( I paid $1200 shipped from the Australian distributor for both parts of the exhaust.)
nice, did you get the dark one or the silver one? pics would be great.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Pictures and follow up on sound without the plugs, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The bike is very loud without the baffle, but since my last bike was a BMW R1200S with an unbaffled HPE exhaust I like it , the first sound as the motor catches is a crack followed by a rumble,it is terrific and I am very happy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Fodz...yes you need a reflash....though you better read the 1000 other posts on that subject...as it's not that simple!! Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts