Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who are interested, I've posted some pix of last's weekend's ride in Arizona. LA-Duc, our friend Bob, and myself met up with Dietrich Pfeiffer in Phoenix and went for a 3 day ride in East Arizona... the ride was amazing, but the pix are not that great... just a bunch of bikes on the side of the road.. ;)

http://web.me.com/davidgjourdan/DJRides/Ride_Reports/Ride_Reports.html

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice Pictures, looks like some nice riding and a good group of riders. Love that 400 yamaha.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks like a great ride through some beautiful country. Special kudos to the guy with the old Honda scrambler if he rode the whole way and kept up with the rest of you!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They FZR 400 was ridden by Lissa, the only woman in the group. She switched back and forth to the 1098 because the FZR had some issues. not only could she hang with us without any issues, she was hard to follow in the rain... we were all freaked out (the Cali guys, of course... not used to the rain... ) and she rode like the road was dry...

I think it's the same ride you did last year, indeed...

the round trip was 800 miles. Doug, one of the older gents in the group was riding the 900SS FE... the seat on the thing is solid rock, and no room to move. I don't know how he did it. hard core!

·
Registered
128 Posts
great shots, really makes me want to do a road trip. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
David -

AWESOME. Thanks for maintaining your site - I've used it more than a few times now to help explain the DUCATI obsession thang to friends not in the know.

Makes me wish my daily life was more heavily weighted with more saddle time freedom, and much less whatever else I am doing that doesn't involve being on the SC.

Good stuff. Looking forward to the next run.

-J

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude, I am OBSESSED with the next trip. I can't go without it now, I am hooked.

if you or bob or Dietrich have more pix from the ride please send them to me and I'll put them up.

cheers,
D.

·
Registered
98 Posts
for those who are interested, I've posted some pix of last's weekend's ride in Arizona. LA-Duc, our friend Bob, and myself met up with Dietrich Pfeiffer in Phoenix and went for a 3 day ride in East Arizona... the ride was amazing, but the pix are not that great... just a bunch of bikes on the side of the road.. ;)

http://web.me.com/davidgjourdan/DJRides/Ride_Reports/Ride_Reports.html
Great pics!!!

Reminds me of my trip across the southwest two years ago..here is the pic link if anyone is interested http://calmotowest.blogspot.com/ By far southern Utah was the surprise of the trip for it's beauty.

The trip was 4000 miles so I took my K and left the Duc at home, but I was begging for the Duc running the mountain roads!!!

Windy

1974 Ducati 750GT
1976 Moto Guzzi Le Mans
1976 BMW R90/6
1999 Ducati ST4
2004 BMW K1200RS

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow. that's a REAL motorcycle trip. definitely couldn't do that on the sport without suffering serious consequences. (primarily on the back, between the shoulder-blades...)

beautiful stuff. must have been a blast!

cheers,
D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts