Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stationed in Afghanistan right now, I ordered a New Aria Mick Doohan IoM TT helmet. I have never seen it in person, but I'm a huge Mick Doohan fan, so I threw some money at it..

Has any one seen it in person? How does it look...

Crazy question but I'm dying to know, I won't see it until July when I go home on vaction.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just wish Arai would make a Joey Dunlop replica if they were going to make a tribute to the IoM TT.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,405 Posts
I'm stationed in Afghanistan right now, I ordered a New Aria Mick Doohan IoM TT helmet. I have never seen it in person, but I'm a huge Mick Doohan fan, so I threw some money at it..

Has any one seen it in person? How does it look...

Crazy question but I'm dying to know, I won't see it until July when I go home on vaction.
I don't know, but I am sure it will be very very lovely. I have a 2007 IOM TT Arai helmet which is quite lovely.

I just wish Arai would make a Joey Dunlop replica if they were going to make a tribute to the IoM TT.
Arai did and probably will do again. Back in 2001 I think they did one, which of course even if you could find one, it would be too old to put on your head. I did some browsing and found this Arai Chaser - Joey Dunlop Replica Helmet

Crossan Motorcycles seems to handle sales on the IOM (although they are based in N Ireland and looked after the Arai riders in the TT too) for limited edition TT helmets, you could contact them and ask. The guys were lovely when I was buying my limited edition helmet, kept calling me "Pet". Had husband in stitches with laughter. Crossan Motorcycles, Crossan Motorcycles Ltd

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't know, but I am sure it will be very very lovely. I have a 2007 IOM TT Arai helmet which is quite lovely.

Arai did and probably will do again. Back in 2001 I think they did one, which of course even if you could find one, it would be too old to put on your head. I did some browsing and found this Arai Chaser - Joey Dunlop Replica Helmet

Crossan Motorcycles seems to handle sales on the IOM (although they are based in N Ireland and looked after the Arai riders in the TT too) for limited edition TT helmets, you could contact them and ask. The guys were lovely when I was buying my limited edition helmet, kept calling me "Pet". Had husband in stitches with laughter. Crossan Motorcycles, Crossan Motorcycles Ltd
Yeah I was gonna say they did make one, a while ago, it would be nice to see it come out in the legends series.

Why they would make a Doohan replica IOM helmet is beyond me, I don't think he ever turned a wheel there before 2011 in an exhibition lap.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't believe that the Joey Dunlop replica helmet pictured in the above posts was brought to the U.S. commercially. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I do know that the Dunlop family allowed Arai to create and sell some replicas with the money going to his foundation, but they were very expensive and in limited numbers. Did Arai release the replica pictured in this thread in Europe?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the Doohan TT Isle of Man and love it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for your service to my/our country! Get home and enjoy that lid!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's my collection of IOM helmets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
This year's 2012 model looks awesome, I don't usualy want to buy 1k$ helmets, but damn this year its really nice, I might have to pull the plug on one, hopefully will be some left whenever I decide. Very Nice Collection there Oldracer, looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts