Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, my Hyper got stuck in gear in a downshift over a month ago and I took it to the dealer (JD Performance in western hills in Cincinnati) that next monday. They looked at it and a few days later said everything internal was good and they had it working again, but Ducati said to wait and install the "upgrade kit" before they let it out of the door, I guess to keep it from happening again. Well,..........that was 31 days ago! Are you kidding me???? I paid how much for this bike and I have to wait over a month for a part to come in? Meanwhile its been sitting in their shop and I call once a week asking the status and they say they dont know when they are going to get the part?!?!?! WTH?????? this was my daily rider just for work. Lawrence is a great guy, but seriously........

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Italy

SO, my Hyper got stuck in gear in a downshift over a month ago and I took it to the dealer (JD Performance in western hills in Cincinnati) that next monday. They looked at it and a few days later said everything internal was good and they had it working again, but Ducati said to wait and install the "upgrade kit" before they let it out of the door, I guess to keep it from happening again. Well,..........that was 31 days ago! Are you kidding me???? I paid how much for this bike and I have to wait over a month for a part to come in? Meanwhile its been sitting in their shop and I call once a week asking the status and they say they dont know when they are going to get the part?!?!?! WTH?????? this was my daily rider just for work. Lawrence is a great guy, but seriously........
Took me about that long to get the windshield. Tough trying to get parts out of Italy. I think most of Europe is done with summer holiday now, so maybe its on a boat.

Sucks to be without your bike. No loaner option?

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Seems it would be just as easy to ride it the way it is and wait for the upgrade... which I'm not even sure I'm aware of. I had the same issue and it was a simple leg/linkage fix with loctite. Tell them to put it back together for you and let you ride it.

b

·
Registered
588 Posts
Don't you know better than to let your Ducati break down in Aug. or Sept? Ducati (and most of Italy) is closed then.

·
Premium Member
12,319 Posts
This is a known problem , I would think a dealer who is aware of this would have at least one of these parts in stock at all times just to keep people happy....
I talked to the mechanics at the dealership and they said the Ducati Rep for this area is a "Really cool guy ,and is very flexible ,with issues" seems like that is the way it should be
I would have taken it to another shop there has got to be one somewhere around there who has the part ,,, Phone around , e-mail around ,I would never take the bike back there if there was other options

·
Registered
80 Posts
parts

Took me about that long to get the windshield. Tough trying to get parts out of Italy. I think most of Europe is done with summer holiday now, so maybe its on a boat.

Sucks to be without your bike. No loaner option?
on the boat or on a Camel.
Samething with me. I had to wait over 2 months for some plastic parts.
At one point the dealer took some parts from a show room bike to fix mind.
wow.........

It is a perpetual problem with Ducati to be on time for parts delivery.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I called Ducati North America when this happened to my bike twice. They expedited the part from Italy and it was there is a few days. I'd be on the horn with them ASAP.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's crazyness. Had the same problem. Brought it into ducati Beverly hills. It was done overnight. Your situation seems a little fishy. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
12,319 Posts
I would blame the dealer to start ,Like I said sometimes you have to work with the dealer, sometimes you do some legwork and call around ,BE NICE and I use the approach ,like a Damsel in Distress .Oh I wondewr if you could help me I'm in a Jam here ond thought you might be able to steer me in the right direction? have you got a few minutes?
If you find someone that takes some time with you , good service BUY SOMETHING from them,
You got to support the good ones to keep them in Buisness,,,if you want to keep getting good service..
As far as needing a screw ,There is places that will get you something that will do the Job, How much money is the dealer going to make special ordering you a 50 cent part....
I spent well over $1,000.oo on extras last week and I get my butt kissed when I go in there ,Meaning I don.t feel bad asking them questions, and expect to get the right answers .I ask the service manager if he can look into things, Can you ask the mechanic about this and get back to me at your leisure??
The Idea is to make them feel good about servicing you and your needs.and helping you out,,

Then you can say "Thats a nice part, is that the best price I can get on it" and not feel like you are tyring to get something for nothing...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would blame the dealer to start ,Like I said sometimes you have to work with the dealer, sometimes you do some legwork and call around ,BE NICE and I use the approach ,like a Damsel in Distress .Oh I wondewr if you could help me I'm in a Jam here ond thought you might be able to steer me in the right direction? have you got a few minutes?
If you find someone that takes some time with you , good service BUY SOMETHING from them,
You got to support the good ones to keep them in Buisness,,,if you want to keep getting good service..
As far as needing a screw ,There is places that will get you something that will do the Job, How much money is the dealer going to make special ordering you a 50 cent part....
I spent well over $1,000.oo on extras last week and I get my butt kissed when I go in there ,Meaning I don.t feel bad asking them questions, and expect to get the right answers .I ask the service manager if he can look into things, Can you ask the mechanic about this and get back to me at your leisure??
The Idea is to make them feel good about servicing you and your needs.and helping you out,,

Then you can say "Thats a nice part, is that the best price I can get on it" and not feel like you are tyring to get something for nothing...

Um, he bought a $15,000.00 part before he asked for the $.50 part.... Let's not forget that!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
On the upside

From what I gather through various comments, Aprilla guys have it much worse as Ducati riders eventually get their parts.

Seems like it might be easier for Ducati to set up some kind of warehouse here in the states and all dealers could source for the same local. I would hate to think each dealer has to place individual orders to Italy and then have them shipped individually. I have to think it would be easier to ship pallets to the states and then have them broken down at some centralized disty center.

·
Registered
80 Posts
parts

Um, he bought a $15,000.00 part before he asked for the $.50 part.... Let's not forget that!
I agree with you.
Service is not based on the $$ amount.
You spend 15 to 25K on a bike then you have to kiss BUT to have a .50 cent screw.
I dont think So.............

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was in the shop for 5 weeks for a front brake problem. It also needed a new main harness. It looks like it has to go back again for the same brake problem and now it has an oil leak. I love this bike but I am regretting jumping from Triumph to Ducati. :(

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
parts

no better in AUSTRALIA
I waited 3 weeks for the shift problem rode it out of the shop 50 kms later back in same problem with shift with the upgrade kit

anyway they claimed to adjust something in the paw ?

an nowthe side stand is hanging with loctie only both bolts stripped and the ducati dealer when bust here and no new dealer ?

same love the bike hate the problems

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FWIW, The dealer is cool and Lawrence (who i deal with) is a great guy. They FINALLY got the part in (5 weeks later) and bike will be ready on Thursday. They said they would do it yesterday but I fly to DC today so i said I would pick it up on Thursday afternoon. FINALLY! Now I have to make more room in the garage again :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts