Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Yes, the ST3 has hollow bars. You can even slip the wire through the rubber plug on the end of the bar. It makes for a very clean installation. Make sure the ID of the bar will allow the element to fit. I have heard that these units do not get as hot as the elements that wrap around the bar directly under the grip.

L.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wow, I never gave much thought to them being hollow. However, I just remembered I need to take a ride to Columbia. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not to change the subject, but I also have a Vrod and I was at the dealer the other day, and Harley has this display there called "heat demons". It is a inside the bar grip heater, and someone must have left them on all day as the grips and entire bars were so friggin hot you couldnt touch them (really). Im a heated glove guy, but the way they wire to Harleys is so cool, its molded into the clamp for the left master cylinder and has 4 Leds for temp indication. It looked factory not aftermarket, at least on Harley bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts